General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I am mentally ill and have to build things up to be the most extreme possible.
Looking at building my own for ultra high speeds using an XLX2 on 8s:

View attachment 154972
That’s what I’m talking about👍🏼
ive had my 42” cat 104, so I know you’ll definitely be on the plus side of 120😎

That’s what I’m talking about👍🏼
ive had my 42” cat 104, so I know you’ll definitely be on the plus side of 120😎
My son is going to stop his dog poop clean up business when school starts back up.
I am highly considering taking it over. It brings in about $30-60 per week (only working Saturdays 1-2 hours)

I'll have to fund these projects somehow :poop:

My son is going to stop his dog poop clean up business when school starts back up.
I am highly considering taking it over. It brings in about $30-60 per week (only working Saturdays 1-2 hours)

I'll have to fund these projects somehow :poop:

Gives new meaning to the poop deck! :ROFLMAO:

Playing with the main hull design. Created a more streamlined shape and added the rear strut and rudder setup.

1Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

They almost sound like a tuning fork.
Top speed is now in the 206mph range but reading up on it, it's a whole new world.
World record requires 2 passes, but seems like they are loosing blades on the prop, therefore not official. Maybe they need to vent them or wrap them in fishing line ;)

This is a design that has no boundaries. When 'on-plane this design has very little hull surface touching the water. But where are all the batteries going to fit?
In an airplane flying behind it with wireless charging

This is a design that has no boundaries. When 'on-plane this design has very little hull surface touching the water. But where are all the batteries going to fit?
All the riggers I have seen fit them in the front.
I could move the ESC to the rear of the boat to keep the CG balanced (sliding the batteries backwards.. Not sure yet how that will work out.
I could also possibly fit them directly beside the motor.

Some of the cool riggers I have seen.

8s rigger Capture.JPG

8s rigger 2 Capture.JPG

Capture4.JPG

carbon rigger Capture.JPG

Playing with the main hull design. Created a more streamlined shape and added the rear strut and rudder setup.

View attachment 155019

View attachment 155020
You know, this looks similar to the L6 Hydro. I've seen it do 300km, and I'm sold. Riggers are even faster than cats. But I still have no idea where the batteries go?
I could move the ESC to the rear of the boat to keep the CG balanced (sliding the batteries backwards.. Not sure yet how that will work out.

View attachment 155331
View attachment 155332

View attachment 155333

View attachment 155331
Schweeeeet! I never ran a rigger, but, I understand how the rigger pulls its stunts. Less contact with the water to reduce friction. I saw the video on Youtube, the rigger that hit 200? You know, I guess if I were to do a boat again, it would be electric. All my nitro support tools are gone anyway.

I used to go with a friend, who had a boat and run out to places like the Statue of Liberty, I would prep the "deep vee" (no other choice for these waters), and we would try and get her to rip. We had a run-in with the Coast Guard but a quick check of life vests and they were off. The Hudson Valley, near the GWBridge, is pretty watched by the CG, so be safe. Yea we had some great times with that Dumas deep-vee. But I would never try to run the cat in those waters. My Dumas did have an OPS .90 in it as well. One of the finest motors ever made for this hobby. Thanks for the pictures Lib, I'll catch you soon. -Dave

Lib,
What motors do you like in a rigger? Hacker? -Dave
I have never ran a boat before. Completely new side to the hobby for me.
What I do know is that TP power motors outperform even some of the best $700 motors so I will be sticking with TP Power.

We are putting a TP4070 in the Deep Vee mono hull.

All the boats are running with water cooling, I wonder if that is even needed at times. Some ESC don't even break a sweat in a car and motors stay fairly cool as well. There must be some other magic that I'm not aware of, the last boat I ran was scale and had a resistive 'ESC". Some new stuff to learn.

Boats are not very innovative, and some people might not even realize these things.

The whole stuffing tube/flex shaft thing has me worried when pushing big power. I agree the methods used seem to be ancient.

The idea of using 14s with a high power boat ESC sounds fun, but honestly I doubt they truly push more power in total watts than the XLX2 in the end.

The whole stuffing tube/flex shaft thing has me worried when pushing big power. I agree the methods used seem to be ancient.

The idea of using 14s with a high power boat ESC sounds fun, but honestly I doubt they truly push more power in total watts than the XLX2 in the end.
Is the XLX2 waterproof?

I’ve never seen any esc’s for marine applications with a cooling fan but I’ve been out of it for a while
I’ve never seen any esc’s for marine applications with a cooling fan but I’ve been out of it for a

Most of the fast boats have a very short flex shaft and it’s usually as straight as you can get it for optimal transfer

Back