Fireteam General New Car Checklist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDFx

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
Searching turned up various car specific checklists but I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a standard checklist that one should go through for any new RC regardless of brand or model. I have my first car in 20+ years arriving tomorrow (a Fireteam) and have no idea what I should check other than loctite on any screws going into metal.

For the 6S line, the fluid level in the shocks is generally fine, but the diffs are always underfilled out of thr box.

Checking the servo endpoints adustment and gear mesh between the spur and pinion is highly recommended.

For the Fireteam, early reports suggests that the screws holding the motor mount from under the chassis are not mounted using thread locker. It is not clear if that was an isolated issue or if they are all the same, but it's certainly a good idea to check this out and make sure there is enough threadlocker in all metal-to-metal screws.

Searching turned up various car specific checklists but I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a standard checklist that one should go through for any new RC regardless of brand or model. I have my first car in 20+ years arriving tomorrow (a Fireteam) and have no idea what I should check other than loctite on any screws going into metal.
I generally like to tear down my new RC's once I get them. This does two things for me, it ensures the RC is built correctly and allows me to get more familiar with the RC.

I will tear down the RC, no matter the make, and usually replace the bearings with a new set of FastEddyBearings. I then will rebuild the differentials and shocks filling each with new oil - I've taken apart a brand new RC more than once and have found diffs missing oil that was supposed to be there.

While everything is apart, it's also a great time to install any "must have" upgrades but with the Fireteam being a brand new RC there might not be a ton of those right now.

Then put it all back together.

Thanks for all the responses. looks like I need to order some shock and diff oil. Is there any recommendations to start with or is this something that should start with whatever the manual says?

[edit] I ended up going with what the manual stated to use for the front and rear diffs, and the shock. Unfortunately, the center diff calls for 200,000 which is out of stock everywhere I check unless I go with a brand I am not familiar with.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back