Outcast GKA Suspension Hangers, Rear Brace Stop... Anyone running them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why they use a 3mm screw for the upper front chassis brace. I noticed on my buddies talion when wrenching on it the other day that the screw was bent pretty good. I had the same kind of issue on my 1/8th buggies in the past. Probably wouldn't hurt to drill that out and retap for a 4mm screw.

That is a good point. GKA includes upgraded hardware for the other mounting point. That would be an interesting option for GKA and Voltage to offer front braces with 4mm screws and then you would just need to modify the mounting point on the RC.

That is a good point. GKA includes upgraded hardware for the other mounting point. That would be an interesting option for GKA and Voltage to offer front braces with 4mm screws and then you would just need to modify the mounting point on the RC.
Considering how cheap a single use 4mm drill bit is, just include one with the piece and charge another buck. I hate 3mm button head and flush mount screws. The 2mm hex always tends to strip after being removed once or twice. A 4mm button head seems to hold up better with a 2.5mm hex anyway.

Considering how cheap a single use 4mm drill bit is, just include one with the piece and charge another buck. I hate 3mm button head and flush mount screws. The 2mm hex always tends to strip after being removed once or twice. A 4mm button head seems to hold up better with a 2.5mm hex anyway.

True... Although anything is better than blasted screws which use 1.5 mm hex. Hate those things!

If I chose to do this at some point would I need a self taping screw or something?

Mystery solved about the extra piece of hardware BTW...

I was having a headache getting the steering sorted last night. Left was okay but right was a headache. I was starting to wonder about the angle of the bellcrank etc.

I reached out to GKA to see if that piece had something to do with the taller servo mount, spacer use etc. Sure enough, Greg told me that it was indeed a spacer to offset the increased height of the taller servo mount.

Nice of him to include that with the package. Now I think I have it sorted out.

So, for those thinking of going with the taller servo mount. A nice, quality spacer comes with the package. You will need a longer screw though. I happen to keep lots of hardware on hand so no worries there. LOL!

It is such a pleasure to deal with an "artisan" sort of parts manufacturer. Kenny at Voltage Hobbies seems to be the same way. Both of these companies deserve and need our support. :)

Not sure what this part was for. It is the only part included that I did not find a home for. Hmmm...
That part you didn't find a home for is a spacer for the steering linkage since the taller mount offsets it that much more. Didn't it come with a longer screw also?

Edit* Yeah you got it figured out. Posted mine a minute late.

That part you didn't find a home for is a spacer for the steering linkage since the taller mount offsets it that much more. Didn't it come with a longer screw also?

Edit* Yeah you got it figured out. Posted mine a minute late.
Thought I saw a post somewhere recently where a guy got an aftermarket mount and his stuff wasn't lining up. Guessing he needed that!

They arrived..? Well happy with them..??

IMG_2383.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back