Got my new Ender 3 s1 pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, congrats on the new machine! If PLA is too-wet, it can also get brittle. So if you bend the raw filament, and it snaps, instead of bending, that could help indicate that it needs to be dried.

Hey Mike, check this site out when you get some time... it's a great way to go about getting your machine dialed in.
Wow, I took a look at the site and my brain went into overload. Will try it again when I have more free memory. 😀
Awesome, congrats on the new machine! If PLA is too-wet, it can also get brittle. So if you bend the raw filament, and it snaps, instead of bending, that could help indicate that it needs to be dried.
Thanks. I'm not too concerned with this sample bit. I have a roll of pla+ coming tomorrow. I will make sure to check that.

Stringing can also be caused by incorrect retraction settings... I would recommend doing a retraction calibration.
Would you please please help me with that? I've been struggling with stringing on my ender 3 s1 pro printings. Perhaps a PLA profile? Extrusion temperature? Retraction? Z hop?

Would you please please help me with that? I've been struggling with stringing on my ender 3 s1 pro printings. Perhaps a PLA profile? Extrusion temperature? Retraction? Z hop?

Give us your current specs that you're using and the type&brand of filament used.

Stringing can also be caused by incorrect retraction settings... I would recommend doing a retraction calibration.
Would you please help me with that. I got my ender 3 s1 pro with the same problem. A lot of stringing. I'm not sure if it's related to the temperature of the nozzle or the extrusion values. I even tried to leave z hop on, then off (on cura), no big changes though. I'm a bit lost. I'd be very thankful for any help provided 🙏🏼 Tks in advance! Cheers from Brazil!

20230801_221514.jpg

Give us your current specs that you're using and the type&brand of filament used.
205°C on the extruder, 0.8 for retraction, z hop off. National PLA filament.

Attachments

• 20230801_221514.jpg
    20230801_221514.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25
Would you please help me with that. I got my ender 3 s1 pro with the same problem. A lot of stringing. I'm not sure if it's related to the temperature of the nozzle or the extrusion values. I even tried to leave z hop on, then off (on cura), no big changes though. I'm a bit lost. I'd be very thankful for any help provided 🙏🏼 Tks in advance! Cheers from Brazil!

View attachment 314873

205°C on the extruder, 0.8 for retraction, z hop off. National PLA filament.

Is that from New or OLD filament?

What settings are you using currently?

New filament, a national PLA one. 205°C on the nozzle and 0.8 retraction. Z hop off.

Is it Brand New , just opened New?

Or it's "new" But been sitting around awhile??

The reason Why I'm asking is.. since it's PLA (and not PLA+) it is Very sensitive to moisture.
To me it looks like your filament is soaked.
Very moist...

I would strongly suggest you get yourself a roll of PLA+ and test print again.
Otherwise your just running around in circles.

PS:
What version of Cura are you using?

New filament, a national PLA one. 205°C on the nozzle and 0.8 retraction. Z hop off.
Agreed with @Tex Koder , I usually run any new filament, even if it's vacuum sealed through the dryer at least once. Try turning your temp down and running again to around 195deg and see if there's improvement. Or keep at 205 and increase your print and travel speed a bit (maybe 115%)

Only make 1 change at a time so your not chasing your tail around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back