Got my new Ender 3 s1 pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, just got my new birthday present assembled. It's running it's first test print right now. Will add more pictures when it's done.

IMG_20230404_131726.jpg
IMG_20230404_131527.jpg

Hey guys, just got my new birthday present assembled. It's running it's first test print right now. Will add more pictures when it's done.

View attachment 290462View attachment 290463
YEA! Go dude! Congrats, looking forward to getting better and journeying together… the quest of getting as good as some of our masters here. Me and @Tex Koder both have S1s, as I’m sure you know. We’re all here to help, and I’ll help as much as I can… probably not a ton tho😂

Edit: @#ARRMArcfanboy4life also has an S1
You should try printing a little car like this one👉 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3163692 I just got done sanding mine to prep for painting.

View attachment 290467
I’ve been looking at those. Did you use supports on the wheel well?

Last edited:
You should try printing a little car like this one👉 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3163692 I just got done sanding mine to prep for painting.

View attachment 290467
Sweet. I got to go do some window shopping on thingverse.
YEA! Go dude! Congrats, looking forward to getting better and journeying together… the quest of getting as good as some of our masters here. Me and @Tex Koder both have S1s, as I’m sure you know. We’re all here to help, and I’ll help as much as I can… probably not a ton tho😂

I’ve been looking at those. Did you use supports on the wheel well?
Thanks. I'm probably going to need all the help I can get. 👍👍
IMG-20230404-WA0007.jpeg

Last edited:
First print done. Think it came out ok besides some stringing. Does that mean my temp was to high. It was coming out the nozzle a bit by itself before I started the print.View attachment 290472View attachment 290473View attachment 290474
I don’t think it was temp being too high. I would recommend doing a temp tower from thingiverse, i scaled mine down to tune temps perfect. I would recommend turning on retraction, should take out your stringing.

Edit: looking at the top it could be a couple too high. Chep has a great video on retraction settings. Watch that and try some out.

The sample it came with wasn't labeled but guessing pla.
Did at 200. The strings actually just wiped off pretty easy.

That's where the problem is coming from..
It's Cheap filament.

Try a brand new spool of PLA+ , you should be fine.

HaHa!! Isn't it just fascinating to watch!? My wife busted my chops for months..why are you staring at it? I'm watching it grow!!🤣🤣
That's where the problem is coming from..
It's Cheap filament.

Try a brand new spool of PLA+ , you should be fine.
I have 2 Ender 3's..never even touched the PLA samples that came with them.. went straight to PETG. I didn't want to print anything that was water soluble..😂😂 which honestly, I don't know how true that is but, I skipped right over it.
I haven't touched them since about the time Covid hit.. I need to fire them up. It'll be like learning all over again.

Last edited:
Your also going to want to dry your filament. Stringing can mean your filament is too wet. If you don't have a filament dryer you can heat your bed, put your filament on the bed, and put a box over it all. This will cause your filament to heat up and remove the moisture.

Your also going to want to dry your filament. Stringing can mean your filament is too wet. If you don't have a filament dryer you can heat your bed, put your filament on the bed, and put a box over it all. This will cause your filament to heat up and remove the moisture.
Stringing can also be caused by incorrect retraction settings... I would recommend doing a retraction calibration.

This is pretty much the exact same as my post in another thread. Not always needed for pla, depending on where you live.

Stringing can also be caused by incorrect retraction settings... I would recommend doing a retraction calibration.
Agreed. This is most common with pla, in comparison to wet filament, from what I’ve seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back