Notorious Got the Tekno Shock ends installed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Well kinda a dreary day, not great outside weather, but perfect for getting your wrench on ?! So got to a few things that I'd been wanting to knock out. Like the Tekno shock ends, and spring perches.

First, let me say for those who have not done a lot of work on your truck, and want to give the Tekno ones a shot, this is not plug & play. Be prepared for some "forming" ie. get a big ass pair of vise grips cause the tekno perches have such a narrow lip that they couldn't hold a fart. ?

Seriously though, I had to use some big vise grips to slightly compress the spring 'tail'. The ends weren't too bad, I suppose with some grunt you could thread them on, I instead used an M4 tap to start the threads, and they just fit all of the threads. The width of the ends (with tekno 6.8mm balls) fit perfect in RPM A-Arms.?
20191016_142639-01.jpeg

20191016_142625-01.jpeg

I use those and if you have the Nero ends that come along with the bag Arrma gives you (v3 shock end bag comes with two of each) those tekno balls fit those as well.

I tried these and really like their design and how you can never lose a perch or spring or anything - but there are two problems I found just to be aware of if anyone seeing these wants to put them on a Talion -
1) the Talion uses a little spacer between the rod end and the perch. You can't use this with the tekno set obviously, and if you don't use the spacer you will lose a lot more ride height than you think you would just glancing at the little spacer. Compensating with max preload messes up small bump compliance quite a bit and nobody makes springs stiff enough for the Talion that fit in the front.
2) because of the angle of the shocks vs the a arms on the Talion, the perch slightly offsets the shock shaft in the body. Over time this onlongates the hole in the bottom of the shock body similar to how a bend shock rod would.

If these two things didn't happen on the v4 Talion I would still run the tekno set it's really good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back