Kraton MAX6 G2 INSTALLED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Like the title says ,I got the G2 installed in my fully M2C’ed, Vitavoned, Hot Race, efied Kraton. It is definitely better than the previous MAX6.
I‘m running 23/46 gearing. The one thing I don’t like is the fan is on a thermostat so it only comes on once it heats up. I can’t find where it says what temp. brings it on. Doesn’t seem to move a lot of air either. It’s cold outside so I may up grade it once I figure out how. It runs great and the low speed is strong. It’s definitely worth the $240 Ipaid for it. I got it from M2C. They didn’t charge me shipping or tax. Those guys are great and really look out for the bashers! I’m going to stick my old Max6 4985 in my FireTeam, if the stock system ever gives out.

image.jpg

Sweet! I bought the max6 g2 for the new exb but haven't taken it out of the box yet. I went with the lighter tp 4070 motor though. Do you notice a power increase? 😎

Sweet! I bought the max6 g2 for the new exb but haven't taken it out of the box yet. I went with the lighter tp 4070 motor though. Do you notice a power increase? 😎
Yes it’s quite a bit more power. I was running a 24 tooth on the old system and could get it wide open across me and my neighbors yard. I tried with the new one and it flips on its back when I try to get the last third of the throttle.
that’s on 6s. I’m sure it will be uncontrollable on 8s

Like the title says ,I got the G2 installed in my fully M2C’ed, Vitavoned, Hot Race, efied Kraton. It is definitely better than the previous MAX6.
I‘m running 23/46 gearing. The one thing I don’t like is the fan is on a thermostat so it only comes on once it heats up. I can’t find where it says what temp. brings it on. Doesn’t seem to move a lot of air either. It’s cold outside so I may up grade it once I figure out how. It runs great and the low speed is strong. It’s definitely worth the $240 Ipaid for it. I got it from M2C. They didn’t charge me shipping or tax. Those guys are great and really look out for the bashers! I’m going to stick my old Max6 4985 in my FireTeam, if the stock system ever gives out.

View attachment 340141
Nice! Which KV motor did you choose?

Awesome man looks sick. I'm a big fan of the G2 series, also the motors look cool, love the design. I love that the new line up is all sensored. As for the fan maybe you can just run a fan off the BEC so its constant on.

It’s the 4990 and usually I replace the stock ESC fan for an aluminum protek, but I don’t know if that will work with this new design. I should have investigated that prior to getting it all hooked up. I probably will run it off the BEC. I like to hear it so I don’t mess around and leave it on. Real happy with it ! I like the motor leads being #8 as well.

I like to replace my Mojave V2 Esc with a EZRun Max6 G2 200A.
The basic Mojave V2 Esc does have a Capacitor Pack.

The EZRun Max6 G2 200A doens't need a Capacitor Pack?
Can i run the EZRun Max6 G2 200A with the basic BLX motor on 6S only? So i can replace it later and start using 8S?

I like to replace my Mojave V2 Esc with a EZRun Max6 G2 200A.
The basic Mojave V2 Esc does have a Capacitor Pack.

The EZRun Max6 G2 200A doens't need a Capacitor Pack?
Can i run the EZRun Max6 G2 200A with the basic BLX motor on 6S only? So i can replace it later and start using 8S?
The Max 6 has built in capacitors, no external pack is necessary. You can easily run your BLX motor with it, but it won’t be sensored, of course.

I see that they have a special mounting plate for the max6 Esc on ebay.
Is this necessary for a Mojave of other Arrma model?

MountPlate.jpg

No mounting plate is necessary. Nor are motor mounts. They just make it easier. I've mounted max 6 and max 5s in most of the arrma platforms Motor and ESC without anything but the stock components. But again, aftermarket mounts will make the job faster and easier.

View attachment 349575
The stock plate is plastic and can be drilled to line up any esc if needed. There is also double sided tape to help keep things in place. Mounts like this one are to please your own aesthetics at a cost so spend your money based on what makes you happy. :)

That is some nice hardware right there.

I just used two sided tape to hold mine down.

That is some nice hardware right there.

I just used two sided tape to hold mine down.
Yeah I went a little overboard with the Ti. I'm gonna use double sided tape as well. It's for a K6 lightweight build / basher / speeder. HW Max6 G2 & 4990. WIP

That is a very good system I have it in my Felony and I run the Max 5 and 4990 in my limitless v2

Back