Granite Granite 4x4 blx voltage cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Good morning, does any body knows how to lower the voltage cut off on the arrma granite 4x4 blx? I bought some new batteries for my new truck and it works well but the truck stops working when the battery is at 3.8 V. If I use the same batteries with my x-maxx they die at 3.35. So the run time in my granite is so short because the voltage cut off is at 3.8 instead of 3.4 or so. How can I fix this? The manual only shows how to change from lipo to NiM.... but not how to lower the cut off voltage.
Also, what's the best way to mount and dismount the battery on the truck. The straps are close to the shaft and there is not much space between the battery on the tray and the shaft. I have to use a thin hook every time. Thanks.

Good morning, does any body knows how to lower the voltage cut off on the arrma granite 4x4 blx? I bought some new batteries for my new truck and it works well but the truck stops working when the battery is at 3.8 V. If I use the same batteries with my x-maxx they die at 3.35. So the run time in my granite is so short because the voltage cut off is at 3.8 instead of 3.4 or so. How can I fix this? The manual only shows how to change from lipo to NiM.... but not how to lower the cut off voltage.
Also, what's the best way to mount and dismount the battery on the truck. The straps are close to the shaft and there is not much space between the battery on the tray and the shaft. I have to use a thin hook every time. Thanks.
The recent batches of the BLX100 ESC seem to all have this issue with premature voltage cut off, this forum is filled with similar threads from other users with the same issue. You can contact horizon hobby to try to get a new one but it seems replacements often have the same issue. Some users said horizon upgraded their replacement to a blx120 when they asked but it can only run 3-4s so if you're wanting 2s you can get a different ESC entirely like a Hobbywing max10 sct which is 2-4s capable. Some users are switching the blx100 to NiMH mode and using a lipo alarm on the battery as their warning check instead.

For the straps I pull slack on the plastic loop end a couple inches before mounting the battery and pull the slack out once I feed it through the loop then secure it. It's cumbersome but no tools needed.

Last edited:
The recent batches of the BLX100 ESC seem to all have this issue with premature voltage cut off, this forum is filled with similar threads from other users with the same issue. You can contact horizon hobby to try to get a new one but it seems replacements often have the same issue. Some users said horizon upgraded their replacement to a blx120 when they asked but it can only run 3-4s so if you're wanting 2s you can get a different ESC entirely like a Hobbywing max10 sct which is 2-4s capable. Some users are switching the blx100 to NiMH mode and using a lipo alarm on the battery as their warning check instead.

For the straps I pull slack on the plastic loop end a couple inches before mounting the battery and pull the slack out once I feed it through the loop then secure it. It's cumbersome but no tools needed.
Thank you so much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back