Granite Voltage Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Voltage
Hello Arrma Forum,

I have the Granite Voltage and I have some major problems with the car. First, when the car is off and so is the transmitter I plug the battery in the ESC, and the rear tires spin at top speed. It happens when the car and controller are off or on when I plug the battery in. Also, the car doesn't reverse or break. I really want to get this figured out so my Dad and I can get the Axial SCX24. Please help!!! The ESC heats up extremely fast (after 1 minute or so) and smells burnt. Should I get a different ESC?

Thanks,

Alex P.

That is not normal, nothing should happen when it's all off.
Still under warranty? Sounds like a bad ESC.
I'd call Horizon if it's still within warranty, assuming you didn't get it wet etc.

Yeah, it doesn't seem normal. My dad got it from Arrma's webpage on amazon July 12th, 2020 this year. So yes I am guessing it under warranty because we got ours new. We didn't get it wet, because I live in Cupertino, Ca.

Rebind your radio if possible, but since it's an all in 1 esc/receiver combo it might be dead. The fact that it tries to take off as soon as it's getting power and not responding to radio control means that it's no longer bound to the radio and the failsafe is no longer set (that is what keeps it from taking off on its own when radio is off or out of range, it should just stop dead in its tracks).

Thanks, both of you! Also, do you have the Arrma Granite Voltage as well as me? After I rebind the car and it still doesn't work should I call Horizon? Should I get a different ESC?

With both TX off and the car in off position, that is a defect, not a bind issue. Not saying it isn't bound properly but I bet your ESC is defective and I wouldn't even try it.
No Granite, I have the ones listed under my name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back