Kraton Halp my motor mounting holes are stripping!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My 4s kraton keeps having unfortunate issues.. i tought i only had 2 stripped screws after i nose landed when my screws had loosen up(treadlock failure). Turns out i have 3 stripped screws:/ i have 2 holes left for my adjustable motor mount only.. i have a hard time emptying a baterry without having issues:c. Horizon wants me to send the motor to them but im wuite tired of waiting weeks and weeks for getting my rc car running again.. the kraton 4s is nice i love it but i just keep having bad luck over and over again
How could i rebuild my motor treads? If its an option

Retap them a size bigger just make sure to not go to deep. You are going to have to make the holes they go threw first a little bigger also. You should be able to put up one size bigger at the hardware store or maybe you have something in a old rc hardware box somewhere. I know everyone has one lol

Retap them a size bigger just make sure to not go to deep. You are going to have to make the holes they go threw first a little bigger also. You should be able to put up one size bigger at the hardware store or maybe you have something in a old rc hardware box somewhere. I know everyone has one lol
I suppose i have to buy a tread remaker or something like that

Yes thats exactly it. But you can get away with using a socket and ratchet to turn it if you don't have a holder thingy. To save money i mean.
Take a picture when u can so i can see exactly the problem and location.

Yes thats exactly it. But you can get away with using a socket and ratchet to turn it if you don't have a holder thingy. To save money i mean.
Take a picture when u can so i can see exactly the problem and location.
I have put everything back togueter atm with my 2 holes left for tomorrow second visit at the bmx track think buying a motor from jenny rc and send this one to horizonhobby because if i sand down my motor mount to accept a m4 screw its game over if i want to use m3 again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back