Has anyone done business with this company?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB401

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Typhon 6s
I do all of my wrenching on my builds but the one thing I refuse to do is glue tires...tried doing it in the past and it didn't turn out pretty.
Just to satisfy my curiosity I searched for "RC Tire Gluing Service" and found these guys: https://www.rccarstars.com/contact.html
Seems a bit absurd but if they do professional work I would have no issue paying to have it done. FYI, I am looking to get a set of Vitavon Street tires glued to a set of stock Losi Pro Moto Wheels. Thoughts?

You’re in Virginia? Too bad because I’d take your money if you were local 🤣

PS are you sure those tires fit the Vitavon wheels? I thought I read that they are different sizes.

Stock wheels. Vitavon Tires
I mounted them (without the glue) and they fit. I could do the gluing myself but I am an extreme perfectionist and I can't really glue worth a crap (would drive me nuts if the glue job looked iffy)

For reference. Tires fit the wheels perfectly.

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

Last edited:
Stock wheels. Vitavon Tires
I mounted them (without the glue) and they fit. I could do the gluing myself but I am an extreme perfectionist and I can't really glue worth a crap (would drive me nuts if the glue job looked iffy)

For reference. Tires fit the wheels perfectly.

View attachment 367822

View attachment 367823
How does an extreme perfectionist handle a lid skid, dirt, chassis scrapes & shock juice all over his ride?

How does an extreme perfectionist handle a lid skid, dirt, chassis scrapes & shock juice all over his ride?
I have assorted "shelf queens." Everything else in my garage of RC Cars, etc. get hammered. The current Pro Moto is basically a static trophy - that is why I just bought a second one that I can bash. There is a perk to not having kids - all my disposable income goes towards my hobbies.

That site won't load for me, blocked by my firewall.. that may be a sign?

Besides, if you're a perfectionist, I find it hard to imagine someone else's work will stack up. Not knocking, just saying..

I'm waay less than a perfectionist, am I'm still never happy when I pay someone else to do something I could have done myself.

No harm in getting it done professionally provided the quality of work is excellent.

I would rather do it myself and gain experience. Gluing tires, soldering, painting body shells, etc, all get better the more you practice. It may not be perfect the first time but there is self satisfaction.

That site won't load for me, blocked by my firewall.. that may be a sign?

Besides, if you're a perfectionist, I find it hard to imagine someone else's work will stack up. Not knocking, just saying..

I'm waay less than a perfectionist, am I'm still never happy when I pay someone else to do something I could have done myself.
yeah, I emailed the company a few days ago for a quote and still have not heard back from them. Not getting good vibes from that. As a side note though, their website looks very professional and they offer just about every RC related service imaginable. I've never paid anyone to do work for me, so i am very hesitant. It would be nice if I knew someone local who was experienced with gluing tires...I will probably just bite the bullet and glue them myself...I've done it before, just never satisfied with the end result (and I hate that you basically have one shot at it with no do overs!)

No harm in getting it done professionally provided the quality of work is excellent.

I would rather do it myself and gain experience. Gluing tires, soldering, painting body shells, etc, all get better the more you practice. It may not be perfect the first time but there is self satisfaction.
Soldering is another pain in the you know what. In my early days of RC I had a buddy who was a master at it, so I had him solder all my batteries, ESCs, etc, but I eventually moved away and had to force myself to learn. As far as painting is concerned...that is a skill I have not mastered

Last edited:
yeah, I emailed the company a few days ago for a quote and still have not heard back from them. Not getting good vibes from that. As a side note though, their website looks very professional and they offer just about every RC related service imaginable. I've never paid anyone to do work for me, so i am very hesitant. It would be nice if I knew someone local who was experienced with gluing tires...I will probably just bite the bullet and glue them myself...I've done it before, just never satisfied with the end result (and I hate that you basically have one shot at it with no do overs!)

Soldering is another pain in the you know what. In my early days of RC I had a buddy who was a master at it, so I had him solder all my batteries, ESCs, etc, but I eventually moved away and had to force myself to learn. As far as painting is concerned...that is a skill I have not mastered
I definitely understand the gluing part, things can go south quickly indeed! LOL
Acetone is your friend, well mine anyways. Cleans up super glue quite nicely. I really can't say how the Losi wheel or Vitavon tire would react to the acetone, but I've had my share of mishaps while gluing up tires before. Toss the whole assembly in acetone for a couple days, they come right apart. Clean, allow to dry, take two.
Keep in mind not all plastics and rubbers are the same,so might be best to try on a spent wheel and tire first.

I definitely understand the gluing part, things can go south quickly indeed! LOL
Acetone is your friend, well mine anyways. Cleans up super glue quite nicely. I really can't say how the Losi wheel or Vitavon tire would react to the acetone, but I've had my share of mishaps while gluing up tires before. Toss the whole assembly in acetone for a couple days, they come right apart. Clean, allow to dry, take two.
Keep in mind not all plastics and rubbers are the same,so might be best to try on a spent wheel and tire first.
Sound advice. Thanks for the feedback!

I do all of my wrenching on my builds but the one thing I refuse to do is glue tires...tried doing it in the past and it didn't turn out pretty.
Just to satisfy my curiosity I searched for "RC Tire Gluing Service" and found these guys: https://www.rccarstars.com/contact.html
Seems a bit absurd but if they do professional work I would have no issue paying to have it done. FYI, I am looking to get a set of Vitavon Street tires glued to a set of stock Losi Pro Moto Wheels. Thoughts?
This is the building at the purported address of that business. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state unequivocally that RCcarStars is a totally legitimate enterprise that is completely above board and I see no reason why he wouldn't have a stellar rating at the BBB.
1716449965153.png

This is the building at the purported address of that business. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state unequivocally that RCcarStars is a totally legitimate enterprise that is completely above board and I see no reason why he wouldn't have a stellar rating at the BBB.
View attachment 368110
Looks like a meth lab. Nice!

I have assorted "shelf queens." Everything else in my garage of RC Cars, etc. get hammered. The current Pro Moto is basically a static trophy - that is why I just bought a second one that I can bash. There is a perk to not having kids - all my disposable income goes towards my hobbies.
Rub it in why don't ya! :LOL:

Back