Granite Help pls, throttle response is inconsistent, steering still works though

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milton

Reaction score
I bought my son an Arrma voltage to get him started in the legit RC world. His granite voltage has lack of throttle response. It seems to definitely be a connection issue. Maybe ecu? I’m not sure. Just seeing if anyone could possibly help. Tired turn, it will go in my hand, but as soon as I set on the ground it doesn’t want to work. If I hold the throttle down it will eventually lose power slow down until it doesn’t work. I’ll turn it off and on and it’ll work for a few seconds again. Frustrating because it’s not a mechanical error.

Most times the servo won’t have the power to turn the wheels when the rig is sitting on the ground. Shouldn’t be a problem when the vehicle is in motion.

As for the slowing down - if it isn’t overheating - are you sure the battery is good and holding a charge?

I had my neighbor that is into rc’s take a look and he tested the nimh battery’s and said they were fully charged and should be working. I’m just stumped on this one. I think it has something to do with the black wire going from the servo to the motor. Bad connection or bad wire? Im not too sure but when I smack on the wire a little bit, it seems to cut in and out. Just no signs of a finicky connection so I’m stumped other than replacing the 16 gauge wire or returning it to arrma
Most times the servo won’t have the power to turn the wheels when the rig is sitting on the ground. Shouldn’t be a problem when the vehicle is in motion.

As for the slowing down - if it isn’t overheating - are you sure the battery is good and holding a charge

I would check that the battery mode is set to NiMH on the ESC as the cutoff voltages are different between NiMH and LiPo.

You have a warranty with horizon and they are generally very good about replacing parts. The more explicit and descriptive you are about the issue (send photos, videos, etc) the quicker they are to do so.

Sorry I’m not as familiar with the Voltage as it’s my daughters car and I ripped out all the factory electronics and put better stuff in that I had from my 3S cars before giving it to her.

As for the slowing down - if it isn’t overheating - are you sure the battery is good and holding a charge?
+1
The 18650's.... if that's what you have? Li-on's?
Maybe there is an issue with one or more of them. Check the contacts in the battery tray.
How are you charging these? What are the voltages of each battery after they are charged fully? Use a Digital volt meter to test them.
Seems you have an intermittent issue???:unsure:

I would check that the battery mode is set to NiMH on the ESC as the cutoff voltages are different between NiMH and LiPo.

You have a warranty with horizon and they are generally very good about replacing parts. The more explicit and descriptive you are about the issue (send photos, videos, etc) the quicker they are to do so.

Sorry I’m not as familiar with the Voltage as it’s my daughters car and I ripped out all the factory electronics and put better stuff in that I had from my 3S cars before giving it to her.
Thanks for the input anyways! That’s why I posted on here, hopefully to get some answers. I do have it set to the nimh instead of Lipo. Even tried a lipo battery and switching from the nimh but to no prevail.

How is the car? Did you ever get it working?
Did you get it wet at any time? Those things seem to be very sensitive to wet. Are you in the states?

I can't say for sure but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was an esc issue. The all in one solution on these is imo the worst part of the truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back