Notorious Hi guys so how can i stop my notorious from doing wheelies all the time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy a lwb chassis, rear drive shaft, rear chassis brace body mounts and body you will have the less wheelieing Kraton. Save the other parts for when you want more wheelies again.

Kinda why I went with the Kraton but I locked the center diff and wheelie my ass off anyway lmao, I should buy some actual diff fluid

Buy a lwb chassis, rear drive shaft, rear chassis brace body mounts and body you will have the less wheelieing Kraton. Save the other parts for when you want more wheelies again.
Do u mean front and rear centre drive shaft?

Kinda why I went with the Kraton but I locked the center diff and wheelie my ass off anyway lmao, I should buy some actual diff fluid
Ok I've heard this term "locked the diff" several times and I don't know what it means lol?

Locking it up means just that, you add heavy diff fluid to prevent the internal gears from spinning. Equivalent of a single solid axle which is not possible on our rigs.

60F 200Cntr 20 or 30k rear depending what I have for my Noto. A thicker fluid any higher than 500k at the center or even locked goes against you at some point. 🤷‍♂️
It is a Short wheelbase rig. If your TH trigger finger is that very bad, drop the ESC Punch all the way down to help that bad finger of yours.. Noto is not easy to drive compared to a LWB Kraton for this reason. Run the Noto. on 4s and see the difference. May be better for you.:LOL: Baby steps.
Or you will wheelie all day long. Which is NO Good.
The cool wheelie factor wears off real fast once you to start to brick your wheels. and diffs.

Last edited:
Ok I've heard this term "locked the diff" several times and I don't know what it means lol?
10 packs have run through this centre diff. Nothing moves.

869FBA88-3F35-4B8E-97CF-52C3139FBB02.jpeg

I don't understand why people lock the center diff, it is only worse for the handling...

I don’t understand why people run light fluid in the centre diff.........Car moves like its half asleep 😴
Seriously, I don't understand the advantage of a locked center diff in a 1:8 model with high torque motors, the car would have no handling at all.
Can you explain it to me?

I'm not judging and I'm not sarcastic, maybe it is my bad english!

All depends on where you run the car and how heavy your Trigger finger is.
Have you run the locked diff before?

All depends on where you run the car and how heavy your Trigger finger is.
Have you run the locked diff before?
I run the truggy and the buggy on the tracks and my kraton and the emaxx quite everywhere, from rock areas to dust areas. I'm not a champion but I can modulate quite well the trigger.

I run a friend of mine's notorius 6s with central diff totally locked and it wasn't so fun because it had no handling at all. When I swapped the paste in the center diff with a medium oil (50k) it gained a lot of maneuverability while retaining the ability to do wheelies... but no more instant backflip.
My friend too is happy with the mod.

Wetting the concrete down helps with the backflip issue 👌😂
All seriousness........ Horses for courses. A locked diff probably wouldn’t work well on the track. I run the car out in the open and have no issues getting the car to where it needs to go.
If the lighter fluids are working for your bashing style......... keep rolling with it 😎. I enjoy running a ballistic Kraton 🤪

I don't understand why people lock the center diff, it is only worse for the handling...
I mean, turning wise and stuff it handles just fine. Locking the rear is what really screws up turning radius and such. Sure I can't just stab the throttle because I'll just backflip but throttle control is a thing.

Complaining about the Noto doing wheelies is like complaining about the Kraton having wheels imho. That's what it was designed for 🙄

I don't know what the deal is, but my noto doesn't backflip so easy like I see in some videos or how you guys are explaining it. I can get my Granite 3s to flip with much more ease than the Noto lol did 100k/500k/100k. Could that be why?

I don't know what the deal is, but my noto doesn't backflip so easy like I see in some videos or how you guys are explaining it. I can get my Granite 3s to flip with much more ease than the Noto lol did 100k/500k/100k. Could that be why?
Have you got the punch level turned up? If so try 1M in the centre and knock the thickness down in the rear. This will help with handling. F-60/R-30 works well.
Attempt the flip on concrete/ gravel based roads where the tyres can bite in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back