Notorious Hi, i get error balanc delt v, is my battery destroyed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnieu

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, i get this balanc delta v error message when i try to charge my battery. I was nt careful and drove my new battery empty, is i destroyed, or can i do something to get it balanced and charged?
20210124_092734.jpg
20210124_092721.jpg

It may or may not be bad. Disconnect everything and try to charge it again. If that doesn't work there is a way to maby get it charging again, you have to put it in Nimh mode to do this. I don't know the sequence to do this but sure someone will chime in so you can try.

Older batteries often have the last cell degrade the most. Resistance goes up. It doesn't mean the battery is gone yet. That last cell will charge slower and discharge quicker. For low/medium application it's still suitable as long as the delta doesn't get too big.

Older batteries often have the last cell degrade the most. Resistance goes up. It doesn't mean the battery is gone yet. That last cell will charge slower and discharge quicker. For low/medium application it's still suitable as long as the delta doesn't get too big.
My battery is brand new, only had two run on it. I looks like the problem is solved, have frien who has a Powerlab 8 charger, and it looks like he got it back to life. I think part of the problem is that my car cut to late and let the battery drain until its only 5% left

Keep in mind that your rig only protects from catastrophic damage i.e. guaranteed death of a Lipo. Yours has been 'damaged' though and you have to cut your run time shorter. No idea what the damage is but I bet it lost 10-20% of it's capability just by running it down that far. It's permanent damage.

Buy yourself a lipo checker with alarm and set it to 3.7V, stop running when it beeps.

Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-RC-Lipo...534186?hash=item5913fe7b6a:g:ex0AAOSwdHxbvnM2

Keep in mind that your rig only protects from catastrophic damage i.e. guaranteed death of a Lipo. Yours has been 'damaged' though and you have to cut your run time shorter. No idea what the damage is but I bet it lost 10-20% of it's capability just by running it down that far. It's permanent damage.

Buy yourself a lipo checker with alarm and set it to 3.7V, stop running when it beeps.

Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-RC-Lipo...534186?hash=item5913fe7b6a:g:ex0AAOSwdHxbvnM2
Do u think 3.3V is enough to cause permanent damage, or are you thinking it dropped below 3V under load and recovered to 3.3V at rest?

Anything under 3.5V (resting) is permanent damage. That is just chemistry and can't be reversed.
Don't get me wrong, it's still useable but your useable capacity is easily 10-20% less.

Anything under 3.5V (resting) is permanent damage. That is just chemistry and can't be reversed.
Don't get me wrong, it's still useable but your useable capacity is easily 10-20% less.
So much I didn't know when I started. I always run with alarms now but I really think ESC manufacturers should put balance lead connections and LVC should be based on the voltage of each cell.

I have now got my battery back and tested it, i cant notice any difference in capasaty and when i check it every cell is at 3,7 v if it has got any permanent damage, i cant notice it so then its ok.
Thanks for all advices, and i will program my ecs to cut at 20%

6332044801.jpg

Back