Kraton Hi, Ive just bought my son the Kraton for Christmas,do I get 4s or 6s lipo? or two 3s ?Also will the brand of battery make a difference ? thankyou

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou for the advice .Ive decided to get him two 3s batteries. I have a charger but ive heard you can buy dual charging chargers. do you recommend these? if so which is better ?
Dual chargers are a lot more convenient than single chargers, especially when you will be using a pair of batteries to power the Kraton. Most any of the better chargers will be OK: just be sure the charger has a minimum charging rate of 100W per channel and you will be OK. My personal favorite is the Hitec X2 (see link below). It talks to you, guiding you through the whole charging process. You will need to buy a pair of charging cables with an EC5 connector on the end, also linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-RCD-Bl...ords=hitec+lipo+charger&qid=1639061976&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Ba...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thankyou for the advice .Ive decided to get him two 3s batteries. I have a charger but ive heard you can buy dual charging chargers. do you recommend these? if so which is better ?

It is a nice to have so that you can charge both quickly and get out to run the car. But not a must have....
Plenty of dual channel chargers out there. I happen to have a charger that does 4 batteries at one time, but rarely use all of them at one time.
Make sure it is an AC power charger. Some are DC chargers meaning they need to be hooked up to a power supply.

+1 on what was said above. Look for wattage per channel. 100 watts per channel would be ideal or more if possible.
An 80 watt charger would be ok... Venom and some Hitec chargers are around 80w per channel I think.

Last edited:
I was just clownin.. A wreck is inevitable but it will always be repairable!! Just plan ahead for tools and such so when it happens u will be prepared!🤙
Hello Pamela, thanks for the reply, I haven't a Arrma kraton yet as I haven't the funds but will one day I hope, I am just finding out about what batteries others have for the kraton. Andysarmarc.

Hello Pamela, thanks for the reply, I haven't a Arrma kraton yet as I haven't the funds but will one day I hope, I am just finding out about what batteries others have for the kraton. Andysarmarc.
Find a 6s LiPo that matches or is smaller than the dimensions of the Kraton 6s battery tray.

Hello Pamela, thanks for the reply, I haven't a Arrma kraton yet as I haven't the funds but will one day I hope, I am just finding out about what batteries others have for the kraton. Andysarmar
Dual chargers are a lot more convenient than single chargers, especially when you will be using a pair of batteries to power the Kraton. Most any of the better chargers will be OK: just be sure the charger has a minimum charging rate of 100W per channel and you will be OK. My personal favorite is the Hitec X2 (see link below). It talks to you, guiding you through the whole charging process. You will need to buy a pair of charging cables with an EC5 connector on the end, also linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-RCD-Bl...ords=hitec+lipo+charger&qid=1639061976&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Ba...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your advice.
sorry, another question........so all batteries are different sizes, which size (as in measurements) would I get away with. the car is in the loft wrapped , I didn't think about checking the size of the battery compartment .

sorry, another question........so all batteries are different sizes, which size (as in measurements) would I get away with. the car is in the loft wrapped , I didn't think about checking the size of the battery compartment .
It’s on Arrma’s website on the Kraton page, it’s listed in the specifications. https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/kraton/blx scroll down to the technical specs.

Hello Pamela, not sure what the size of the battery tray is as i haven't a kraton at the moment, sorry, best thing to do is ask others that are on the forum who have a kraton and see if they can provide some measurements, andysarmarc.

Here is another possibility....

It sounds like your son has already gotten his feet wet per se and radio control cars.

The Kraton 6s is definitely something he will enjoy. On the hand held transmitter is a 100/75/50 switch that reduces the throttle to 50, 75 or full blast.

At first, let him try 6s at 50%

Then when he's ready 75%, and so on.

There is one caveat....

If it was me as a youth I'd be ITCHING to go 100% too soon....

Having a rig that is seven or eight pounds going 55 miles an hour is about the same as having a bowling ball going at that speed. Sounds like your son can handle something like that once he gets used to the rig you bought him. Just make sure that he's used to it first before going full blast. If you feel that you can do that I would get the 6s batteries first.

And the Zeeee brand has treated me well for entry level batteries good battery for the money as far as I'm concerned

My 2 cents

You did good for your son, by the way

Last edited:
Here is another possibility....

It sounds like your son has already gotten his feet wet per se and radio control cars.

The Kraton 6s is definitely something he will enjoy. On the hand held transmitter is a 100/75/50 switch that reduces the throttle to 50, 75 or full blast.

At first, let him try 6s at 50%

Then when he's ready 75%, and so on.

There is one caveat....

If it was me as a youth I'd be ITCHING to go 100% too soon....

Having a rig that is seven or eight pounds going 55 miles an hour is about the same as having a bowling ball going at that speed. Sounds like your son can handle something like that once he gets used to the rig you bought him. Just make sure that he's used to it first before going full blast. If you feel that you can do that I would get the 6s batteries first.

And the Zeeee brand has treated me well for entry level batteries good battery for the money as far as I'm concerned

My 2 cents

You did good for your son, by the way
Awww thank you. Tbh im actually really excited for him, I can't wait to see his face.He is car obsessed and I know that he will love this ! I really appreciate all the advice which has been given.All this is completely new so I apologise in advance if I ask some stupid questions ;)

Awww thank you. Tbh im actually really excited for him, I can't wait to see his face.He is car obsessed and I know that he will love this ! I really appreciate all the advice which has been given.All this is completely new so I apologise in advance if I ask some stupid questions ;)
Actually, you asked very good questions....hope you got the help you needed!

And don't be afraid to ask, this forum is quite friendly and helpful....you have gotten some good advice from people who would know so far, and you can expect the same if needed....

PS.....if you could video when he opens it and post it on the forum.....we would love to see it!!!!!

]=
all questions are good questions

Actually, you asked very good questions....hope you got the help you needed!

And don't be afraid to ask, this forum is quite friendly and helpful....you have gotten some good advice from people who would know so far, and you can expect the same if needed....

PS.....if you could video when he opens it and post it on the forum.....we would love to see it!!!!!
I will most definitely !

Hi,ive been looking at the 3s lipo batteries from amazon and I can't find any with the ic5 connector, most have ec5 or deans T connector.
Im looking at the zeee brand . help !! :)
These are what ive found ......

Amazon : Zeee 3S LiPo Battery 11.1V 60C 5200mAh with EC5 Connector for RC Plane, Quadcopter, Airplane, Helicopter, RC Car/Truck, RC Boat(2 Packs) .​

Are they suitible ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back