Hinge Pin issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Bashed

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I’m pretty new to the hobby and love to bash and really put my cars through some serious abuse.

I’ve notice very early on that the hinge pins on these cars are a real weak spot.

I have even destroyed RPM arms and stock hinges due to the pins bending and opening up the hinges and arm holes.

So far this has happened on my MT8 and Typhon TLR tuned and my mates Kraton V5 6S.

Is anyone else suffering this issue?

I literally went through a set of hinge pins every time I went out and in turn cause damage to the lower arms and hinges.

Due to this I have done something about it and provided titanium grade 5 hinge pins for the 3 x cars mentioned and had no issues since. We are still testing but so far so good.

My mate recently installed RPM arms on his V5 Kraton and had a set of hinge pins off me and he upgraded the hinges. Took his car out and rolled it under high speed breaking.

He snapped one of the RPM arms on one section!!!! Yes snapped clean, couldn’t believe it.

He changed the arm and inspected the hinge pins which were still straight and in perfect condition.

Be interested to hear from the community and see if anyone else has suffered with the same problem?

I posted this in your other thread, but on the Typhon TLR, the hinge pin blocks are the weakest and breaks easily before the hinge pins even get to the point of bending or breaking.

The base Typhon 6S V5 doesn't have this same weakness, but they're two different rigs.

Are you making these titanium hinge pins or? I haven't really had any issues with Arrma pins, but have broken and bent TRX and Corally hinge pins. I've found that TRX pins tend to snap rather than bend..Arrma's bend too from what I've seen
My brother lined up a tree pretty good with his O8S EXB, bent the pin, pin holder/plate and broke the arm.. even if the arm had survived, I don't think he would've ever got that hinge pin out of it. Was Z shaped, LOL.

I posted this in your other thread, but on the Typhon TLR, the hinge pin blocks are the weakest and breaks easily before the hinge pins even get to the point of bending or breaking.

The base Typhon 6S V5 doesn't have this same weakness, but they're two different rigs.
Hi

The hinges on the TLR are fine after bending both front hinge pins and completely snapping the shock tower mount and lower arm on one side.

So haven’t personally suffered with a hinge issue as of yet but the hing pins were at like a 45 degree angle both sides lol.

At some point M2C will be brought up. Their hinge pins are to be avoided. At some point last summer I went from bending one once in a while to breaking them in quantity (maximising profits by using more cost effective materials). I'm back to using stock Arrma pins. Not the best but pretty by comparison.

Well I can provide 4 x hinge pins for £25 or 2 x for £15 and I can assure you these will not break. If someone actually breaks them
And sends me a video of them breaking them I would happily replace free of charge.

These are UK prices. Not sure what shipping cost to other countries such as the USA would be.

However I do plan to supply these to some US RC shops going forward so should be at a decent price.

Titanium grade 5 is super strong 💪

well that’s good to know

Really annoying that everything in the UK is super expensive. Standard hinges for an Arrma car here are about £10.50 for x 2

I've bent the stock pins. They are (2) for $7. I'm trying out the Ti5 ones I've found here. So far, so good. I've heard the 4140 / 4340 pins just snap, don't bend.

I've bent the stock pins. They are (2) for $7. I'm trying out the Ti5 ones I've found here. So far, so good. I've heard the 4140 / 4340 pins just snap, don't bend.
Yea if you go for a harder metal if it breaks it will snap but to get it to that point I would think would be pretty hard to do.

Are you making these titanium hinge pins or? I haven't really had any issues with Arrma pins, but have broken and bent TRX and Corally hinge pins. I've found that TRX pins tend to snap rather than bend..Arrma's bend too from what I've seen
My brother lined up a tree pretty good with his O8S EXB, bent the pin, pin holder/plate and broke the arm.. even if the arm had survived, I don't think he would've ever got that hinge pin out of it. Was Z shaped, LOL.
Yes due to the manufacturers hinge pins being weak I found a metal fabricator and he now makes me any size pins in titanium grade 5. So far these have held up with no issues.

I’ve had similar issues with trying to get them out after. Maybe not quite Z shaped. Would love to have seen that bashing session ha ha.

If anyone in the UK wants anything making I’m happy to help out.

US there seems to be companies already doing this at a good price so in my opinion definitely worth looking into. 😊

Back