New HobbyStar V2 Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What cable does fit the Hobbystar temp port? Eyeing a 4292 for a Kraton. And a HW Max6. It has a temp cable.
Only the hobbystar v2 ESC mates up with the port, it’s got too much input lag after trying to optimize programming and amp cuts easily under heavy load like the 150A Firma. Run it unsensored with a Hobbywing ESC

I'm running a 19 tooth pinion. The motor gets a little hot. Nothing too serious yet. I might add a fan soon, because of the hot summer heat that's coming.
How did this work out for you?

Still not too much info on these motors around, seems like they may run on the hotter side.

This video was at 177F after the truck had been sitting a little bit, 20T pinion though.

How did this work out for you?

Still not too much info on these motors around, seems like they may run on the hotter side.

This video was at 177F after the truck had been sitting a little bit, 20T pinion though.
That sounds about right to me. My big Castle 1717 1650kv needs a fan on 20T, which is geared for high 60s. You have a smaller motor and are geared for mid 70s on 20T.

That sounds about right to me. My big Castle 1717 1650kv needs a fan on 20T, which is geared for high 60s. You have a smaller motor and are geared for mid 70s on 20T.
Agree, the gearing is high but that seemed like a pretty light session and about a minute and a half after he took the temps. With what looks like 2x, 28K Rpm fans on that motor.

Agree, the gearing is high but that seemed like a pretty light session and about a minute and a half after he took the temps. With what looks like 2x, 28K Rpm fans on that motor.
Oh I thought it was your video. Grass driving is hard on RCs. And we don't know the ambient temps.

The motor temp still seems about right to me - he is geared too fast for that size motor.

Back