Hobbywing 10BL120 G2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
So I’ve been looking for a sport 4s esc, and since Hobbywing is swapping all of their stuff over to G2 versions, I did find a
Max10 SCT 120a for 60 bucks. But I wonder if I could have just went with the 10BL120 G2, specs are pretty much the same. Anyone have experience with the G2?

But the real question I have about the G2, is it’s listed as both sensored and sensorless on Hobbywing, Tower Hobbies, Amain, Amazon, eBay etc.

From the pictures that are provided, looks to be sensorless. So which is it, sensored or sensorless 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂

The sensored esc has a extra wire that plugs into the motor. If your not using the esc/ motor in a crawler go for the non sensored esc/motor.

So I’ve been looking for a sport 4s esc, and since Hobbywing is swapping all of their stuff over to G2 versions, I did find a
Max10 SCT 120a for 60 bucks. But I wonder if I could have just went with the 10BL120 G2, specs are pretty much the same. Anyone have experience with the G2?

But the real question I have about the G2, is it’s listed as both sensored and sensorless on Hobbywing, Tower Hobbies, Amain, Amazon, eBay etc.

From the pictures that are provided, looks to be sensorless. So which is it, sensored or sensorless 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Sensored esc and motor have the wire with the round plug coming out of the ecs on the side that the motor wires plug into.
I hope this helps and you understand. I have the old max 10 120amp v3 and it is very good. G2 series seems to have some issues.
The old 10BL120 was sensored and not waterproof.

The new 10BL120 is waterproof and not sensored.
I would not trust the water proof on any esc.

All the pictures they have of the new G2 version doesn’t have the sensor wire, so I’m assuming it’s sensor-less. It’s a little confusing with the different versions which one has what features, so figured it was best to ask.

All the pictures they have of the new G2 version doesn’t have the sensor wire, so I’m assuming it’s sensor-less. It’s a little confusing with the different versions which one has what features, so figured it was best to ask.
It looks like 120amp is sensored and the 140amp comes in both. Go to HW website or maybe call HW or amain hobbies and ask questions for sure.

The new WP10BL120 G2 is not sensored Amain looks to have messed up the description. Hobbywing has it listed as sensorless.

Screenshot_20230702_095838_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!! Not the first time amain has messed up a product description. I experienced that myself 3 or 4 years ago. Or is Horizon Hobby responsible for the mess up.

Sensored esc and motor have the wire with the round plug coming out of the ecs on the side that the motor wires plug into.
I hope this helps and you understand. I have the old max 10 120amp v3 and it is very good. G2 series seems to have some issues.

I would not trust the water proof on any esc.
Wrong about the G2 series. The term G2 just names HW latest Quickrun line. And the many G2 models out there.
G2 does not necessarily mean ALL of them are BAD.
Not sure what you mean by all G2's are NG????? Can you be more specific in regards.

Wrong about the G2 series. The term G2 just names HW latest Quickrun line. And the many G2 models out there.
G2 does not necessarily mean ALL of them are BAD.
Not sure what you mean by all G2's are NG????? Can you be more specific in regards.
Apparently the max 8 g2 esc's are have serious issues. Fire balls!!!! 🫨🤔🤷‍♂️. Somewhere on this forum are stories about HW esc going up in flames. Max 6 seems fine and max 10.
Scroll to the bottom of this page and start reading the threads. You'll see!!!!!!
G2 series is having some serious problems!!!!!!!
Not all!!!!!

Last edited:
The Max 8 6s G2 (Sensored) is NOT the same or even remotely equivalent to the G2 4s Non-Sensored ESC you are referring to.:unsure:
You have an ESC learning curve going on there. Misinformed. You might as well stay away from HW stuff. You already don't like this brand. Assumptions.
Stay with Spektrum "Smart" stuff and find out the hard way. Some threads here on AF in regards to fried ESC's, are far from representive of all those various model G2 's in the wild. User error is to blame most of the time, with most any ESC, regardless of brand.
So be careful about what you read here on AF.
Any ESC can, will and do get fried. From simply abuse, water ingress, overgearing, or misapplication, etc.
QC at the factory level cannot be controlled. Any brand. I go with HW sensored when I upgrade. I Stay with the XR8 Plus Zerun line. And my latest G2 XR8 Plus 6s ESC has treated me fine for over a year now. And always runs cool.

Last edited:
Scroll to the bottom of this page and start reading the threads. You'll see!!!!!!
You are telling the wrong person to Read threads here.
Look closely at my Avatar, I been all over this forum for quite a bit. And quite familiar with HW stuff.
Don't you think???
But again, only my opinion. Take it or leave it.
No skin skin off my back.
Enjoy.:cool:

You are telling the wrong person to Read threads here.
Look closely at my Avatar, I been all over this forum for quite a bit. And quite familiar with HW stuff.
Don't you think???
But again, only my opinion. Take it or leave it.
No skin skin off my back.
Enjoy.:cool:
Nice reply Don't you think????
Yes I do, you don't read enough threads to realize what's happening with some not all new G2 HW products!!!!!??????
No skin lost!!!???
Nice reply Don't you think????
Yes I do, you don't read enough threads to realize what's happening with some not all new G2 HW products!!!!!??????
No skin lost!!!???
SrC just lost his hospitality badge. Have what ever kind of day you want?
The Max 8 6s G2 (Sensored) is NOT the same or even remotely equivalent to the G2 4s Non-Sensored ESC you are referring to.:unsure:
You have an ESC learning curve going on there. Misinformed. You might as well stay away from HW stuff. You already don't like this brand. Assumptions.
Stay with Spektrum "Smart" stuff and find out the hard way. Some threads here on AF in regards to fried ESC's, are far from representive of all those various model G2 's in the wild. User error is to blame most of the time, with most any ESC, regardless of brand.
So be careful about what you read here on AF.
Any ESC can, will and do get fried. From simply abuse, water ingress, overgearing, or misapplication, etc.
QC at the factory level cannot be controlled. Any brand. I go with HW sensored when I upgrade. I Stay with the XR8 Plus Zerun line. And my latest G2 XR8 Plus 6s ESC has treated me fine for over a year now. And always runs cool.
WOW WHO YOU ANGRY AT TODAY? 2 MAX 8 MY limitless has one and my kraton4s has one. My Axial ryft has a max 10.
No need to buy a g2 hw. Just reading threads about max 8 g2 and max 4 g2 going up in flames on some !
I guess you have not read the thread my new friend. Go smoke !

Last edited:
No harm, no foul.
I just call it how I myself sees it.
I don't pretend to be the be all end all. Never did.
Like I did state above. Only my opinion. Take it or leave it.
No skin off my back. Seriously. I am sure we could bash together and have tons of RC fun.
All that matters.....

No harm, no foul.
No skin off my back. Seriously. I am sure we could bash together and have tons of RC fun.
All that matters.....
No harm no foul. Apparently two compassionate hobby Dudes!!! Who both really like HW products! And yes we would definitely have a great time bashing our RC's together. I'm in NYC
Love you Bro Not in a strange creepy way 🤗🤔🤫
No harm no foul. Apparently two compassionate hobby Dudes!!! Who both really like HW products! And yes we would definitely have a great time bashing our RC's together. I'm in NYC
Love you Bro Not in a strange creepy way 🤗🤔🤫
🙆‍♂️

Yeah I know yu are in NYC.
I'm in North Queens, very near Laguardia A/P. Like literally across the street. I bash near the Runway lights in the fields.

I'm in North Queens, very near Laguardia A/P. Like literally across the street. I bash near the Runway lights in the fields.
Dam? I'm in Manhattan 157 and Broadway.
One day this summer we need to run some RC's together and laugh till we cry.

No harm, no foul.
All that matters.....
Can we exchange phone numbers on this forum?
Can we exchange phone numbers on this forum?
347-730-xxx call me Christopher or Chris or dude even on certain day you idiot!
I won't take it personally!

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back