Hope for damaged Masher X ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock20

Reaction score
Hit a cement drain at full speed. Wheel that impacted flew off. Other three are fine. Kraton 8s.

These weren't cheap so I tried to fix with epoxy. Repair job seems ok šŸ™ƒ, but wheel has a violent wobble when I run on the bench. I'm guessing the hub is beyond repair, but thought I'd ask here before I wince and toss in the trash. The actual tire is fine, but these are belted. TIA

20231219_184916.jpg
20231219_184718.jpg

Hit a cement drain at full speed. Wheel that impacted flew off. Other three are fine. Kraton 8s.

These weren't cheap so I tried to fix with epoxy. Repair job seems ok šŸ™ƒ, but wheel has a violent wobble when I run on the bench. I'm guessing the hub is beyond repair, but thought I'd ask here before I wince and toss in the trash. The actual tire is fine, but these are belted. TIA

View attachment 337893View attachment 337894

Too bad you didn't get the wheels with Replaceable center hubs.
Then all you needed to do is just swap out with a fresh set..

Any how,
for now you could use the baking soda and superglue combo to try and build up the missing bits and then shave it down to what it once was..

This video will give you an idea what I'm describing for the use of this technique >>
(Watch at 1:10)

You'll need to try and balance the wheel too ,to get rid of the wobble.
Just use/cut some strips of aluminum tape to act as balance weights

Does proline sell the wheel? You could buy a pair and remount that tire.
No, unfortunately. Spoke with them today - thought maybe they'd at least have the option to buy a single wheel+tire for a rainy day. "Only sold in pairs"

No, unfortunately. Spoke with them today - thought maybe they'd at least have the option to buy a single wheel+tire for a rainy day. "Only sold in pairs"
I'm saying just the wheel and not the tire. Do they sell a pair of just the wheels?

Too bad you didn't get the wheels with Replaceable center hubs.
Then all you needed to do is just swap out with a fresh set..

Any how,
for now you could use the baking soda and superglue combo to try and build up the missing bits and then shave it down to what it once was..

This video will give you an idea what I'm describing for the use of this technique >>
(Watch at 1:10)

You'll need to try and balance the wheel too ,to get rid of the wobble.
Just use/cut some strips of aluminum tape to act as balance weights
Great idea, thanks. Currently the wobble can't be fixed by balance weight. I think the vehicle's metal hex is no longer centered in the wheel.
I'm saying just the wheel and not the tire. Do they sell a pair of just the wheels?
I'm with ya, thanks. I was told today they only sell in 2 pack of both wheels and tires. (I'm not sure the tires are removable without damaging further)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back