Masher X tires any good on XMaxx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
So I’ve heard mixed things about the Proline Masher X tires. I want some lightweight belted tires for my XMaxx which recently got an upgrade in the power system. As we all know the stock tires belong at the dump. Are masher X tires worth it? What problems have you all had with them?

I run them on the XRT, no issues thus far - I've been happy.

Got the masher x for my x maxx over a year ago, no issue what so ever. They are a bit harder and it does spin more, but no swelling. I swap back to the stock tires for snow cause the swelling of those gets you threw deep snow much better, but the stock rims and foam are junk compared to masher x, I put a layer of shoe goo and a layer of gorilla tape on my stock rims to hold the broken rims together and tire glue the tires back together when they rip apart...as long as i find all the pieces!

I've not tried the mashers on my xmaxx yet but they're great on the outcast. Not the best air control in jumps but they get the job done. They're also bad in wet grass so if thats something you drive in a lot I wouldn't do it.

But non belted will be torn to pieces with my hobbywing 1100kv
no they won't and if they come unglued just glue them again with some IC2000 tire glue.

Here you can see me using the new outcast backflip 8s tires on my XRT and my motor is bigger and more powerful than a hobbywing 1100kv. You'll be fine!

But non belted will be torn to pieces with my hobbywing 1100kv
No they won't, I run an 1150kv TP motor and they hold up fine, tape over the vent holes in the wheels and vent the tires at 12, 3, 6, 9 and watch your glue like Moirae said

No they won't, I run an 1150kv TP motor and they hold up fine, tape over the vent holes in the wheels and vent the tires at 12, 3, 6, 9 and watch your glue like Moirae said

Seems to work better for me to vent them at 11, 2, 5, 8.

no they won't and if they come unglued just glue them again with some IC2000 tire glue.

Here you can see me using the new outcast backflip 8s tires on my XRT and my motor is bigger and more powerful than a hobbywing 1100kv. You'll be fine!
What motor are you running? My motor should be geared down a little but mine runs 23/35

So I’ve heard mixed things about the Proline Masher X tires. I want some lightweight belted tires for my XMaxx which recently got an upgrade in the power system. As we all know the stock tires belong at the dump. Are masher X tires worth it? What problems have you all had with them?
I have mashers on my Xmaxx. I run a max 5 and 1100 Kv. It backflips easy. Double back flips if you want to. I was worried about air control with belted tires, but they handle just fine. I like them.

I have mashers on my Xmaxx. I run a max 5 and 1100 Kv. It backflips easy. Double back flips if you want to. I was worried about air control with belted tires, but they handle just fine. I like them.
They don’t have that problem where the tires don’t fit enough on the threads? Also will they fit the stock hexes?

I've read that Outcast tires rub on the X-Maxx. Is that not a problem on the XRT?
they definitely rub, originally I lowered my steering epa to help combat it a little. Now I have extensions on both my xrts. Though the wifey is using kraton 8s tires on her xrt and dealing with the rubbing for now but it's definitely eating into her upper front arms a bit. :eek:

they definitely rub, originally I lowered my steering epa to help combat it a little. Now I have extensions on both my xrts. Though the wifey is using kraton 8s tires on her xrt and dealing with the rubbing for now but it's definitely eating into her upper front arms a bit. :eek:
Alright good to know. What extensions did you get for the XRTs?

Alright good to know. What extensions did you get for the XRTs?
I have the m2c on one and GPM on the other. I'd definitely recommend the m2c ones over gpm. GPM cheaper but the tolerances were bad, two went on easy. one was a little harder and the last one was a complete female dog. GPM xrt dogbones have been great though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back