Hope it doesn’t turn in to Bud Light…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a local children's hospital that is constantly having fundraisers, a bunch of local stores do the, would you like to donate to... the part that irks me is then the children's hospital turns around and donates all of the donations they receive to somebody else so they look good in the community, and I'm sure it's a tax write off for them.

Guys, I gotta be honest. If y’all knew me on a personal level, most of you would certainly classify me as “woke.” It’s funny that I don’t generate memes and very seldom make responses that take other people to task for their views. And yet I get called out for not laughing at particular memes from certain members because I don’t find them funny? So in truth, yeah, I find some of them a bit offensive. But feelings are hurt because I didn’t “laugh” at their meme, and then the lightbulb goes on and they’re like, oh damn, he’s woke. But let’s look at the reality, at least here in our little microcosm. I don’t push “woke” down anyone’s throat, or up any other orifice. It’s really ironic that such a huge percentage of posts here expressing some sort of cultural righteous indignation are posted by heterosexual white males who often (and in some cases constantly) whine and complain about “woke” people, gay/trans people, etc. and are outraged that a gay or trans person might be drinking the same brand of beer as them? I think it’s silly. Because who really cares, and why would you? If simply being tolerant and respectful of people of any race, lifestyle, preference, or religion makes someone “woke” then I guess I’ll own it.

I work at a marina. I pump gas and when you use pumps on the water you can’t auto click them. I catch boats when people can’t drive well, I’ve saved probably hundreds of thousands of dollars in crashes by catching boats. I hold the pump, sitting with my legs in between a boat and a wood dock. I get paid 9 an hour. Tips are how I make my money 15 years old. I’m working 45-55 hours a week. I talk with all the customers, and do everything i can to help. I feel that tips are a good thing in that environment

If you work as a waiter/waitress here in the states, your whole salary and compensation is based around tips. Unfortunately, just part of the labor and business model for many restaurants.
My point is that the local culture and practice of tipping created that dependancy. Some places even automatically charge a tip. And the Establishment even gets a cut of it First. Usually Tourist traps and the like. Places you will likely never come back to regularly again.
I know all of these things - I'm referring to the dude who was saying in Korea it's considered an insult to tip someone.

Every country has only 1 day for the veterans while we give 1 month for people to show how much S inappropriate they can be in public. 1 day for veterans 1 month for a sexual celebration who is turning very P like
Live in Quebec, eh? You social credit score went down. Soon Castro's son will have your bank account have a "glitch"...

We have a local children's hospital that is constantly having fundraisers, a bunch of local stores do the, would you like to donate to... the part that irks me is then the children's hospital turns around and donates all of the donations they receive to somebody else so they look good in the community, and I'm sure it's a tax write off for them.
Have to be careful with assuming they are all tax write offs, in the first place. File your taxes with a non Exempt donation/ for profit entity , and you can be Audited in a heartbeat. Many have succumbed to this. Just saying. These non exempts are are all over NYC here. A big scam. Look like they are writeoff donations. But are not.
The big question is how much really ends up going to a "Good Cause" Sometimes like barely 10% goes for good, if even that. And the 90% ends up being used for admin. costs which only supports the collecting entity in question which is usually layers apart from the "Known Good cause", being just a Money grab in this case. All by design. No one asks this question.

Last edited:
Guys, I gotta be honest. If y’all knew me on a personal level, most of you would certainly classify me as “woke.” It’s funny that I don’t generate memes and very seldom make responses that take other people to task for their views. And yet I get called out for not laughing at particular memes from certain members because I don’t find them funny? So in truth, yeah, I find some of them a bit offensive. But feelings are hurt because I didn’t “laugh” at their meme, and then the lightbulb goes on and they’re like, oh damn, he’s woke. But let’s look at the reality, at least here in our little microcosm. I don’t push “woke” down anyone’s throat, or up any other orifice. It’s really ironic that such a huge percentage of posts here expressing some sort of cultural righteous indignation are posted by heterosexual white males who often (and in some cases constantly) whine and complain about “woke” people, gay/trans people, etc. and are outraged that a gay or trans person might be drinking the same brand of beer as them? I think it’s silly. Because who really cares, and why would you? If simply being tolerant and respectful of people of any race, lifestyle, preference, or religion makes someone “woke” then I guess I’ll own it.
I’d like to know who exactly called you out as woke for not liking a particular post and how were you called out? Who’s feelings got hurt?

I hear ya.
Woke seems to imply that the person was "sleeping"
I was never sleeping, family raised us to not care about color, religion, race or lifestyle choice. Just the integrity of the individual. It has served me well.
Im not woke, I was just never asleep. And I Love diversity in people. It's what makes up unique and special.

The problem with today's wokeness is that it's like someone discovered something basic for the first time and find it necessary to tell everyone like they are privy to some new knowledge. Pushing the minority on the Majority has never worked, in history.

Budweisers and other Brands mistakes occur when they forget who their customers are. And feel it's necessary to "enlighten" everyone else. They are more so the problem because they were sleeping most of their lives.

What Horizon Hobby did is Fine!
What I did was Humor.

Agreed. Until they come for the kids, then people get really pissed. I have friends with teenage daughters going through a really tough time atm because of all the trans crap being pushed on them in social media, then being backed by corporate media. I know some areas of the country are more isolated than others but I live in a 1 stoplight country town and it's here! As for memes..sometimes the only way to make since of craziness is to point out and make fun of how crazy it really is 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d like to know who exactly called you out as woke for not liking a particular post and how were you called out? Who’s feelings got hurt?
Doesn’t matter, and I really don’t care that much. And they never used the the word “woke“ but the upshot is obvious, especially reviewing the memes I didn’t laugh at. I just ignored them. But it’s not hard to find. 😂 Second time I’ve been tagged for not “liking” or laughing at certain memes. It ain’t like I dislike anyone here, or wish to call them out. Most content is fantastic, and I hope to stay around for a long time. But if people feel the need to address the fact that I didn’t laugh at homophobic, misogynistic, memes or comments, etc., that’s f*cked up. As I just said, I merely ignored them.
Agreed. Until they come for the kids, then people get really pissed. I have friends with teenage daughters going through a really tough time atm because of all the trans crap being pushed on them in social media, then being backed by corporate media. I know some areas of the country are more isolated than others but I live in a 1 stoplight country town and it's here! As for memes..sometimes the only way to make since of craziness is to point out and make fun of how crazy it really is 🤷🏻‍♂️
I get what you’re saying, man. But in your one-horse town, to say “it’s here” suggests that you might wish to isolate youth from the LGBTQ community, or whatever movement is chosen at the time. But these issues are reality. As in IRL stuff. Raise your kids well, instill good values, teach them to love their neighbors, and respect them as much as you hope they respect you, and trust them to lead a good life as good, responsible human beings. That’s all we can do as parents. But for the love of God, don’t try to isolate them from reality and cut them off from any current social issues.
Nobody is “coming for your children.“

I hear ya.
Woke seems to imply that the person was "sleeping"
I was never sleeping, family raised us to not care about color, religion, race or lifestyle choice. Just the integrity of the individual. It has served me well.
Im not woke, I was just never asleep. And I Love diversity in people. It's what makes up unique and special.
Very well put.

I work at a marina. I pump gas and when you use pumps on the water you can’t auto click them. I catch boats when people can’t drive well, I’ve saved probably hundreds of thousands of dollars in crashes by catching boats. I hold the pump, sitting with my legs in between a boat and a wood dock. I get paid 9 an hour. Tips are how I make my money 15 years old. I’m working 45-55 hours a week. I talk with all the customers, and do everything i can to help. I feel that tips are a good thing in that environment
Yeah sounds like a cash business your boss is running. Tips make the difference. Otherwise at low salary who would work. Your boss rather let others pay part of your salary because you are there with an open hand and smile willing to accept a gratuity. The help you give is good. But if you did not help, is the tip justified??? Not hating and not yours or anyones fault. But one has to think about how our business culture decides this. Not us. This sets up a class society. And many get stuck in a class.
This backs up my point.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back