How many times have you accidentally changed to light mode, how did it feel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't know, I haven't had a smart phone for something like five years now. But I just checked on my 15 year old iPad and the flags page is there, albeit with a waaaay shorter list of options. Unfortunately, dark mode is not among them. But that definitely means it's worth looking. This iPad, like said, is ANCIENT. Could well be that a device that's <10 years old might have it.

I haven't been able to update iOS or even Chrome for quite some time now. I only use it for three things...as a remote control for my kommpuhtah, watching vids when I'm not at my desk and for the SkyRC software for my GNSS. I still have an old version installed on here that works. I'm pretty sure that if I tried to install the new all-in-one software that connects to the scales and all their other jazz, probably wouldn't install. It's ticking ever closer to the day of complete obsolescence.
Mine only turns on the light/ dark mode.

Mine only turns on the light/ dark mode.
You say only but that's the only function I use from that. I cannae stand bright monitors. :)

Off-topic...what happened to that Scottish bloke that used to frequent these here corners of the interwebz? He was always working on cool stuff but I can't seem to recall his handle off the top of my head.

You say only but that's the only function I use from that. I cannae stand bright monitors. :)

Off-topic...what happened to that Scottish bloke that used to frequent these here corners of the interwebz? He was always working on cool stuff but I can't seem to recall his handle off the top of my head.
He just posted on what did you buy today. His name is @Acidsnow. He posted a new chassis that he's gonna be building

My pc is connected to an OLED TV so I basically run dark mode on everything out of fear of burn in. The few times i've hit that light bulb on accident it has been hit again at the speed of lightning.

Acidsnow, that's it. I just realized how many people are actually MIA. dk10438, infraction666, GTrider610, Mr. MangoSan, K-BASH, Edough13, and I'm sure there are others yet to be identified.
haha mango too busy moving back and forth from across the united states at the whims of his wifey :ROFLMAO: :eek:

My pc is connected to an OLED TV so I basically run dark mode on everything out of fear of burn in. The few times i've hit that light bulb on accident it has been hit again at the speed of lightning.
I had that problem with the LED TV I was using before this one. I'm using a Philips display that was designed to be used for digital signage, i.e. for running 24/7 and not get screen burn in. It's probably been running for a year and a half or two years, more or less non-stop. No sign of anything so far.

For the other night crawlers out there that think light mode is the work of Satan himself (as I do)...if you're not familiar, there's a separate dev/experimental config area in your browser where you'll find some extra functionality that I think you'll dig.

If you're using Chrome, put chrome://flags in the address bar and hit enter. If you're using Edge type edge://flags. If you're using firefox type about:confg and hit enter.

That will take you to the following page where you'll enter the term "dark" (without quotations) in the search field. There you will find "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents" which by default should be disabled. Set it to enabled (there are several different variants to try out that will have slightly different effects on which part of web sites it darkens and how it darkens them. Select one and then hit relaunch in the bottom right corner.
View attachment 351476
I did this and now emojis faces are white

Everyday I accidentally push that button and I'm still surprised. Never knew what it's for until now.
For the other night crawlers out there that think light mode is the work of Satan himself (as I do)...if you're not familiar, there's a separate dev/experimental config area in your browser where you'll find some extra functionality that I think you'll dig.

If you're using Chrome, put chrome://flags in the address bar and hit enter. If you're using Edge type edge://flags. If you're using firefox type about:confg and hit enter.

That will take you to the following page where you'll enter the term "dark" (without quotations) in the search field. There you will find "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents" which by default should be disabled. Set it to enabled (there are several different variants to try out that will have slightly different effects on which part of web sites it darkens and how it darkens them. Select one and then hit relaunch in the bottom right corner.
View attachment 351476
Everyday I accidentally push that button and I'm still surprised. Never knew what it's for until now.

Back