Kraton HORIZON HOBBY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I can’t say enough good things about the us horizon last week my esc went bad, I called them they shipped a brand new one out with no questions asked .. This week my motor went bad called them today , they sent a new motor out today without ever sending the broken stuff back ,, Let’s just say they take care their people .. I heard the uk isn’t like that so let’s all just be happy we live in the states ;)))

A lot of it depends on who you get. I've had the same great experience where they send you the replacement electronics sight unseen and I've also had them make me send the stuff in for inspection. But the only time they didn't replace something was when their ESC fried my Savox servo. They told me tough luck on that one.

I think your history has something to do with it as well. First ESC/motor. No problem. Start asking for seconds and thirds and they will want to see the defective units.

They sent me shock towers for the notorious no problem when it came to my big rock 3s and kraton v4 they dropped the ball hard.

Might have been because they were such new vehicles and didn't have spares handy just yet. That happens with any manufacturer when a new model is released unfortunately.

Just finished a week's long correspondence with a fellow named Josh at Horizon Hobby. Became unsure of what would be covered and what wouldn't, but both parties involved managed to come to a fair conclusion. Some parts break because of wear and tear, some from abuse, and others just fail. When calling or emailing Horizon Hobby, be prepared to explain the reason why you feel the part(s) you want replaced, should be covered under warranty. Also be prepared to be given reasons why they aren't, or expect that you may have to return the items for an inspection and approval. Josh and I wrote several messages back and forth, and I had agreed to send certain items in for inspection. In the end, they made the decision to waive the return, and ship items based on what we had agreed upon. Always remember that you are dealing with people, and they are following rules that have been laid out for them. Getting angry will always put the other person on the defense, and likely return the worst results. I'm happy with the result, even if I didn't get exactly what I had asked for. Compromise won the battle for today. A++ for Josh and Horizon Hobby from me.

I would also add that in general, these support people do have a lot of things they are allowed to do for you without any approval and they will do so if they like you. If you're asshole #351 for the day, don't expect much. If you are the ray of sunlight for the day, you might get a bone.

To add to the horizon hobby is awesome train here,

I needed one 3.5mm diff insert for my TLR 4.0 buggy. The only way to purchase them was in the full gearbox. I emailed customer support if there was any other way to get one and the response I got was "I have a few on my desk, give me your address and I'll mail em out to you." No charge whatsoever.

Second time was I lost the set screw that came with my TLR pinion gear and only had one spare. Emailed customer support asking if they sold a package of set screws and what the part number was because I couldn't seem to locate one in the manual or anywhere else. This is the response I was given:

Again, sent me a full pack to try out free of charge and luckily they were the right ones. :D I of course let them know they were indeed the correct ones.

This is two of many times I've contacted them with small issues or questions and as others have said, if you're nice and respectful even when you have a problem, they're more than willing to help you out it seems, unlike my fiasco of butthurt dealing with Amain hobbies. but that's a whole 'nother story. :LOL:

Just finished a week's long correspondence with a fellow named Josh at Horizon Hobby. Became unsure of what would be covered and what wouldn't, but both parties involved managed to come to a fair conclusion. Some parts break because of wear and tear, some from abuse, and others just fail. When calling or emailing Horizon Hobby, be prepared to explain the reason why you feel the part(s) you want replaced, should be covered under warranty. Also be prepared to be given reasons why they aren't, or expect that you may have to return the items for an inspection and approval. Josh and I wrote several messages back and forth, and I had agreed to send certain items in for inspection. In the end, they made the decision to waive the return, and ship items based on what we had agreed upon. Always remember that you are dealing with people, and they are following rules that have been laid out for them. Getting angry will always put the other person on the defense, and likely return the worst results. I'm happy with the result, even if I didn't get exactly what I had asked for. Compromise won the battle for today. A++ for Josh and Horizon Hobby from me.
I dealt with Josh before responded quickly and helped me with my part that was missing on my 3s Typhon, ended up getting the entire bundle of parts including a second radio box/esc tray/servo mount.

To add to the horizon hobby is awesome train here,

I needed one 3.5mm diff insert for my TLR 4.0 buggy. The only way to purchase them was in the full gearbox. I emailed customer support if there was any other way to get one and the response I got was "I have a few on my desk, give me your address and I'll mail em out to you." No charge whatsoever.

Second time was I lost the set screw that came with my TLR pinion gear and only had one spare. Emailed customer support asking if they sold a package of set screws and what the part number was because I couldn't seem to locate one in the manual or anywhere else. This is the response I was given:

View attachment 47482

Again, sent me a full pack to try out free of charge and luckily they were the right ones. :D I of course let them know they were indeed the correct ones.

This is two of many times I've contacted them with small issues or questions and as others have said, if you're nice and respectful even when you have a problem, they're more than willing to help you out it seems, unlike my fiasco of butthurt dealing with Amain hobbies. but that's a whole 'nother story. :LOL:
I had purchased upgrade Vanquish SS links/ends kit for my Axial SCX10.2 from Amain hobbies. The balls were too wide. Yet application was correct. Very strange for a Vanquish product, top of the line USA company, that supports Axial very much. Amain sent me Samix balls (hollow stainless) and asked to reply if they would fit better. They were perfect and I let them know. They were thankful. Sometimes they know they have issues with certain products and have to scramble to accommodate, yet unsure. Customer service in this hobby works both ways sometimes. They rely on your feedback to help them with other customers. Its a win win situation.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back