Horizon Hobby Stealing From Customers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something majorly wrong at HH! Like heck there updating the system. Way to much time has passed with this issue, it's like there's nobody left working there, do they all just sit around all day wondering what to do? If there not in terminal trouble allready, this continued horrible service and business practices will certainly spell the end to a long trusted company that may have bitten of more they could chew and tried to get to big. Another victim of the Nero scandal?

Something majorly wrong at HH! Like heck there updating the system. Way to much time has passed with this issue, it's like there's nobody left working there, do they all just sit around all day wondering what to do? If there not in terminal trouble allready, this continued horrible service and business practices will certainly spell the end to a long trusted company that may have bitten of more they could chew and tried to get to big. Another victim of the Nero scandal?

It's basically like this >>>

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...e-grom-mini-basher.65692/page-10#post-1001808

Probably due to cutbacks and they are down to just a handful of dudes ..

Or HH 'streamlined' their entire IT department to an overseas "Ai" Corp because they heard all the Great time& money savings they are to about to experience...
BUT now they can't get a hold of said company that they outsourced to...
Ooopsy..

Wonder how close to the truth that is?

I'm surprised they never thought of the saying...if it seems to Good to be true, it probably is.
It really bothers me to think what would happen if HH disappeared, I allready don't and will never buy traxxas again, but wtf am I going to do for my rc fix? Chinese?¿? Eeww

Update on my problem I filed a dispute it took 3 months but my card removed the charge. I'll never do business with them again. I own 12 rc's 3 of them came from HH. Never again!
I completely understand. It's another nail in coffin. Not looking good! Hopefully arrma can become independent or get bought by a reputable company.

Any company adding items themselves to your order to charge more or shipping unpaid items out and then asking you for money or unilaterally charging your card is fraud. There are laws that are supposed to protect people from this. I'd suggest contacting the Attorney General where HH is located and file a complaint.

I used the Losi automated “help” on the website Sunday to cancel my 4 month backorder for the Promoto MX Green Monday morning I had $655.49 charge from them all of the sudden Monday morning -Monday eve they billed my card again for the exact same amount.
Yesterday they dinged me 2 more times for a total of 4 times totaling over $2600.00.
And that’s even after they emailed me 2 times (Monday and Wednesday) saying the order was cancelled.
Credit card company is dealing with it.
They charged the account from 2 different “Horozon Hobbies accounts (LLC and RETAIL)
CC company filed fraud charges today but I’m sure that will be nothing but “oops, sorry”…

It disgusts me to make this post but this community has been good to me so I think you should be warned. I placed a small order from HH in August for around $50. At the time I thought nothing of it and the parts arrived timely. Fast Forward to early October and I get a charge for the amount of the parts I ordered in August. I hadn't ordered anything in October from them so I contact customer service who tells me they "forgot" to charge me in August for the purchase then and so are charging me now, a month and a half later. This is of course terrible business form but I would have let it slide if that was the end of it.

But since I thought I was charged in August I went back and looked at my statement and lo and behold I was charged over $200 for absolutely nothing in August. Just a random charge for about $200. Again trying to give HH the benefit of the doubt I reach back out to customer service and explain the situation,. They acknowledge the "error" and say they will reverse the charges. Two and a half weeks go by and nothing happens.

I send them multiple emails in the same conversation thread and they just go ignored. Finally I gave up and just reported it to my credit card company who concluded it was fraud. In any event I would encourage those of you that order from HH directly to go back and check your order page in your account history and compare that to your credit card bills. I saw a Reddit thread about people being charged for Vendettas they never got and some people getting them for free. Maybe that is what happened to me. Maybe not. But they had plenty of chances to make it right and did nothing. I'm not giving up on Arrma but I'll be buying from LHS, AMain or anywhere else from now on.

Caveat Emptor.
Yeah HH has been in rare form for many months now. Their whole system is screwed up. Cancelled pre-orders etc. Who knows what they are doing there. Borrownig from Peter's CC to pay Paul's order?? Something is fishy. Quite bad. Another member who claimed to be "in the Know", said it was due to an IT change over. I say its' worse than that BS. Most HH Cust serv. employees telecommute from home. So you figure it out.
Acting like a failing/tanking company would act.(n)(n) Hope not!
HH has a bloated line up these days.
Hyped much of their new stuff that went sour quickly after the YT Influencers died down.
Like the Losi Moto.... Parts are finally available, but now both color Motos are out of Stock now.

Last edited:
It definitely goes both ways though. I've basically got a limitless v2 at release for 19$. Actually it was free and the 19$ was for the motor slide plate. Never got charged for the limitless and I never asked any questions.

Can you even imagine the number of replies this thread would have if it was “evil” Traxxas doing this and not Horizon?
Probably would have been quickly hushed or just removed, then the writer would have been sued. Lol
It definitely goes both ways though. I've basically got a limitless v2 at release for 19$. Actually it was free and the 19$ was for the motor slide plate. Never got charged for the limitless and I never asked any questions.
I bet they will find you, but by the sound of it someone else was billed.
Terrible situation, I surely hope it can be resolved

Can you even imagine the number of replies this thread would have if it was “evil” Traxxas doing this and not Horizon?
You ain't wrong..peeps would be chirping up a storm if it were TRX. Same difference I feel. HH and TRX are more alike than different IMO. 🤷‍♂️
I don't buy direct from either..but a back door charging merchant is disgraceful for sure. Regardless of who it is.🤬

It's basically like this >>>

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...e-grom-mini-basher.65692/page-10#post-1001808

Probably due to cutbacks and they are down to just a handful of dudes ..

Or HH 'streamlined' their entire IT department to an overseas "Ai" Corp because they heard all the Great time& money savings they are to about to experience...
BUT now they can't get a hold of said company that they outsourced to...
Ooopsy..

Wonder how close to the truth that is?
+1
Customer service has gone south in the Past 4 years.
Maybe they outsourced much to China like with all of their production. :LOL: Makes sense, because China QC always did suck anyway.
Strange that HH would buy out some companies when they are not doing well to begin with. Maybe Greed got the best of them.
Buying Proline was probably a bad idea business wise. Shutting down EXB lines and trimming the fat like the 4x4 speed runner line, shows they were clearly bloated. Many businesses are tanking these days. Not just the RC industry.

I've never called HH customer service myself, only had online chats. Which were less than inspirational..
My employer has outsourced most all of our IT services, now when I have a PC issue, I have to call India. Talk about a painful experience!! Oh man!! I have dubbed the Help Desk as the Helpless Desk now, LOL. The worst part is the language barrier.. my boss gets so ticked off, he starts screaming into the phone..which does give me pleasure by the way.🤣🤣
I feel bad for the folks at the Helpless Desk nowadays, they get yelled at and ridiculed through no fault of their own.. I still divert all calls I receive as soon as I see Help Desk on the caller id however.. I don't feel THAT bad for them that I'm willing to subject myself to impossible conversation!!😎👊🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back