Horizon Hobby Stealing From Customers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
It disgusts me to make this post but this community has been good to me so I think you should be warned. I placed a small order from HH in August for around $50. At the time I thought nothing of it and the parts arrived timely. Fast Forward to early October and I get a charge for the amount of the parts I ordered in August. I hadn't ordered anything in October from them so I contact customer service who tells me they "forgot" to charge me in August for the purchase then and so are charging me now, a month and a half later. This is of course terrible business form but I would have let it slide if that was the end of it.

But since I thought I was charged in August I went back and looked at my statement and lo and behold I was charged over $200 for absolutely nothing in August. Just a random charge for about $200. Again trying to give HH the benefit of the doubt I reach back out to customer service and explain the situation,. They acknowledge the "error" and say they will reverse the charges. Two and a half weeks go by and nothing happens.

I send them multiple emails in the same conversation thread and they just go ignored. Finally I gave up and just reported it to my credit card company who concluded it was fraud. In any event I would encourage those of you that order from HH directly to go back and check your order page in your account history and compare that to your credit card bills. I saw a Reddit thread about people being charged for Vendettas they never got and some people getting them for free. Maybe that is what happened to me. Maybe not. But they had plenty of chances to make it right and did nothing. I'm not giving up on Arrma but I'll be buying from LHS, AMain or anywhere else from now on.

Caveat Emptor.

It disgusts me to make this post but this community has been good to me so I think you should be warned. I placed a small order from HH in August for around $50. At the time I thought nothing of it and the parts arrived timely. Fast Forward to early October and I get a charge for the amount of the parts I ordered in August. I hadn't ordered anything in October from them so I contact customer service who tells me they "forgot" to charge me in August for the purchase then and so are charging me now, a month and a half later. This is of course terrible business form but I would have let it slide if that was the end of it.

But since I thought I was charged in August I went back and looked at my statement and lo and behold I was charged over $200 for absolutely nothing in August. Just a random charge for about $200. Again trying to give HH the benefit of the doubt I reach back out to customer service and explain the situation,. They acknowledge the "error" and say they will reverse the charges. Two and a half weeks go by and nothing happens.

I send them multiple emails in the same conversation thread and they just go ignored. Finally I gave up and just reported it to my credit card company who concluded it was fraud. In any event I would encourage those of you that order from HH directly to go back and check your order page in your account history and compare that to your credit card bills. I saw a Reddit thread about people being charged for Vendettas they never got and some people getting them for free. Maybe that is what happened to me. Maybe not. But they had plenty of chances to make it right and did nothing. I'm not giving up on Arrma but I'll be buying from LHS, AMain or anywhere else from now on.

Caveat Emptor.
Buy from your LHS or use PayPal. Thanks for letting us know about this.
(I just checked to see if I got scammed in the whole Detta sale thing, thankfully I didn't)

I once ordered a Super Rock Rey from Horizon via Amazon. I returned it due to issues and Horizon was dragging their feet for weeks on the refund. It wasn’t until Amazon gave them a backhand with their “A to Z“ policy and someone at Horizon finally processed the refund.

I try to avoid dealing with Horizon directly, including their customer service.

Screenshot_20231020_183410_Samsung Internet.jpg

Who did they hire to solder these connections??

Re: unauthorized or fraudulent charges, I have text alerts set up for every transaction that is made on all of my cards and bank accounts. That way I know immediately if something is wonky, rather than having to dig thru old statements or relying on fraud detection algorithms, etc.

Re: unauthorized or fraudulent charges, I have text alerts set up for every transaction that is made on all of my cards and bank accounts. That way I know immediately if something is wonky, rather than having to dig thru old statements or relying on fraud detection algorithms, etc.

This here- text alerts are amazing to know when something goes through.

I once ordered a Super Rock Rey from Horizon via Amazon. I returned it due to issues and Horizon was dragging their feet for weeks on the refund. It wasn’t until Amazon gave them a backhand with their “A to Z“ policy and someone at Horizon finally processed the refund.

I try to avoid dealing with Horizon directly, including their customer service.
My LHS has had problems with them for the last year.
Is "solder up our new connectors" a figure of speech, or are they truly soldering new connectors to something?

I bought a $585.00 rc from HH they sent two and charged me. Contacted HH they sent the return form, so I returned it with tracking. But they have never refunded me the $585.00 this was over 3 months ago. It has sorta turn me off on rc's. I also bought some body clips $40.00 they sent the wrong ones. I returned with a note, I never got the clips or my money back.
Horizon Hobby sucks! How can they take over $600.00 and just keep it.

Be careful buying from Horizon Hobby!

I bought a $585.00 rc from HH they sent two and charged me. Contacted HH they sent the return form, so I returned it with tracking. But they have never refunded me the $585.00 this was over 3 months ago. It has sorta turn me off on rc's. I also bought some body clips $40.00 they sent the wrong ones. I returned with a note, I never got the clips or my money back.

Dang wow. Thats very bad
Order from a local shop or online from an hobbyshop

Similar situation with small parts totaling only $34. They were returned and never got a refund....I've been fighting with them for 3 months for the stupid $34. They said they're behind on checking the inventory to validate the returns. The tracking link HH sent me shows the items returned to Champaign! Meanwhile I bought them from another vendor (not tower hobbies). I vowed that's the last $$$ they'll ever see from me!

Similar situation with small parts totaling only $34. They were returned and never got a refund....I've been fighting with them for 3 months for the stupid $34. They said they're behind on checking the inventory to validate the returns. The tracking link HH sent me shows the items returned to Champaign! Meanwhile I bought them from another vendor (not tower hobbies). I vowed that's the last $$$ they'll ever see from me!

Time to initiate a charge back on your credit cards...

HH now owns tower hobby😮‍💨

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back