Horizon Hobby Stealing From Customers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know not all Indian people are bad... Just that I get PTSD from all The Indian Scam calls I get. All with Heavy Indian Accents , with names like John Smith. And Ryan Jones, Betty Roberts. I always give my name as Vivek Ramaswamy now. And they actually have no idea who he is. I tell them I am running for US president. Then they hang up.:ROFLMAO:

I know not all Indian people are bad... Just that I get PTSD from all The Indian Scam calls I get. All with Heavy Indian Accents , with names like John Smith. And Ryan Jones, Betty Roberts. I always give my name as Vivek Ramaswamy now. And they actually have no idea who he is. I tell them I am running for US president. Then they hang up.:ROFLMAO:
No bad feelings towards India or Indians by any means. Actually I'm angry with our leadership here for that. Both public and private sectors. This is something that just should not be IMO.

Its called Greed. Paying outsourcing that costs WAY less is a thing. Investors like it this way.

What's Really sickening is that when you hear Corporate Executives/CEOs/Founders saying They're doing something/whatever ,ie: Maximizing the Profit Margin, Getting the Best ROI, Reducing Overhead (Head Count), etc etc "for the investors/stock holders"...

>>> They're MAINLY referring to themselves because they are usually the Majority holders of said stocks..
Or they are being compensated a Great deal by Class A stocks of some kind (behind the scenes).

Then usually what happens is they liquidate their Class A shares (because they have some sort of clause that states they are able to sale their stocks- if/when it reaches a certain price point) and take the Money & Run!! , leaving all the other 'peasant' stock holders of Class B or C stocks in the lurch (usually that's employees or the Public)...
When whatever bad news comes out (Usually later) that the company is actually Not doing so hot as originally forecast....

Last edited:
When I get a scam call I just say plz hold for 15 more seconds your call is being traced..they hang up quick🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For me, I'll usually start off with I @#%$^& your sister and your mother %$#$ me after. They hang up with the quickness. That OR they stay on the phone and go through a plethora of cuss words in no particular order like "your mother b!tch" or "you whole a$$". I try and get them recorded, my son and his friends all crack up at me.

Had some random Chinese female voice on my voicemail the other day 🤣 🤣

And it wasn't your girlfriend's voice....
She may get jealous.

For me, I'll usually start off with I @#%$^& your sister and your mother %$#$ me after. They hang up with the quickness. That OR they stay on the phone and go through a plethora of cuss words in no particular order like "your mother b!tch" or "you whole a$$". I try and get them recorded, my son and his friends all crack up at me.
To much fun doing this, I usually throw in incest comments about daddy and sister. Or answer the phone by saying , HI welcome to Domino's Pizza How my I take your order in some foreign accent. Completely throws them off! Then say sorry we don't deliver to your neighborhood and hang up.
To much fun doing this, I usually throw in incest comments about daddy and sister. Or answer the phone by saying , HI welcome to Domino's Pizza How my I take your order in some foreign accent. Completely throws them off! Then say sorry we don't deliver to your neighborhood and hang up.
All depends what time the call comes. Dinner time I might get ungly!

The biggest issue I see is the back ordered Promoto and cancelling it. I had 2 other direct website orders with mine (same day they quadruple charged my cancelled promoto order) and it charged and delivered no problem.
I did get all of my money back but it’s a shame that the issue is there.

Promoto seems to in stock at a few places I brouse, ddm racing, big boys with cool toys.
I guess there is stuff moving around at least, got my kraton 8s even when it was always saying back order. If they can get their ai bot to fix up there ... upgrade to the software, I'm hoping this will start to run smoothly again.
And if they can bring out some option tires for the losi 5t and hpi baja, I'm all over them!

Dang things are really getting bad over at HH.

They're probably Overloading their poor Old servers with all the New Enterprise software expecting them to run it AND handle the amount of network load from Both the company's new SKUs/inventory PLUS their Online traffic... 🤪🤣

My own "2 cents". I also got 'caught' in HH's "we forgot to charge you" web. In July, during their "Christmas in July" sale, I had placed two orders. The first, in early July (which was, thankfully, before they started the computer system upgrade), was for the $200 Vendetta. The second, towards the end of July, was for some parts. In regards to the Vendetta purchase, all was good...but,in regards to the parts order, I saw the "pending" amount (meaning, their system had done the standard "checking to see if the funds are actually there" when placing the order),\ the first few days after placing the order, but I never realized it had "dropped off" and I was never charged when the order actually shipped. Then, in the latter half of September, I received the same type of email others had received. When I started backtracking, sure enough, there was no posted charge for the parts order.

So, what does all this mean? The simplest answer, as I see it, is, "the larger HH becomes, the worse their customer service seems to get." Up until approx 5-6 years ago, they still had excellent CS. Sure, it wasn't as good as Amain, or Traxxas...but, it was far better than many others. Then, over the two years that followed, it started going downhill. When the pandemic hit, it was as if they (and most others) put their CS department on 'hold' (don't think I need to describe, as I'm certain many are familiar with how horrible all RC companies CS was throughout most of 2020). However, as we were emerging from the pandemic, while other companies were returning their CS departments back to 'normal' (some faster than others), it was as if HH was "dragging its feet". By the end of 2021, while most companies had returned to 'normal', or were very close to that point, it was as if HH was barely 25% back...and, they've never reached 50%. Worst, as they've purchased a few companies since then, it's almost as if their CS is backtracking. Since September, I've placed a couple orders through HH, but ONLY because my other regular sources (primarily Amain) were "out of stock", and I needed the parts asap. Unless absolutely necessary, HH has lost my business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back