Kraton Hot Racing Suspension Mount Install Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperion

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi there -- I'm installing the HR suspension mounts on my 6S Kraton. The "Rear Lower Rear" has a tab feature that takes up the space between the diff carrier and the chassis, but the "Front Lower Front" does not. The original plastic cover for the front doesn't fit over the new HR part. Is there a solution for this?

Here is the feature on the rear part:

HR.png

And missing from the front:

HR2.png

-hyp

You don't need the plastic piece with that unless you have the super basher bumper you need to screw in. There's a newer style front lower front with the added screw holes for the exb bumpers. You got an older one
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FFB02;c=926

Last edited:
You don't need the plastic piece with that unless you have the super basher bumper you need to screw in. There's a newer style front lower front with the added screw holes for the exb bumpers. You got an older one
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FFB02;c=926
Thanks! If I'm running the RPM bumper (which only has attachments under the chassis) can/should I use the EXB version you linked above?

I still don't understand how this would work with an older V3/V4 setup...

-hyp

Thanks! If I'm running the RPM bumper (which only has attachments under the chassis) can/should I use the EXB version you linked above?

I still don't understand how this would work with an older V3/V4 setup...

-hyp
It may clear it, but if the rpm bumper don't have the added mounting the one you bought should work fine. it just won't go into the space between the chassis and the diff case. Just leave the plastic piece off.

Sorry to be dense here, but using the older HR part if the plastic tab is missing then the vertical bolts (that go through the bumper and chassis) have a 2-3mm air gap. Instead of holding down the diff carrier, it will deform the plastic and pull the lip of the chassis upward. There really needs to be something in between the two to close up that gap -- or maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying.

You can see the bolt on the left side, it just goes through air until it makes contact with the raised ledge of the diff carrier:

IMG_1692.jpg

Sorry to be dense here, but using the older HR part if the plastic tab is missing then the vertical bolts (that go through the bumper and chassis) have a 2-3mm air gap. Instead of holding down the diff carrier, it will deform the plastic and pull the lip of the chassis upward. There really needs to be something in between the two to close up that gap -- or maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying.
Post some pictures so i can see what you mean.

Updated the post above with a picture. -hyp
Ahh yeah. you can put a spacer in there made of plastic or maybe use the stock bumper in the slot/cut the tab off the stock bumper. it may fit on there behind the rpm job. I have a truck with that bumper but i can't remember what i did behind there. Let me look back at my pics and see if i have a good one that shows it.
Updated the post above with a picture. -hyp
looks like I used the crcu blocks on it. Any shim you can fit in with holes for the screws to pass through should be fine though

Attachments

• 793E5249-0A5B-49B5-A32F-55F9882D0D2D.jpeg
    793E5249-0A5B-49B5-A32F-55F9882D0D2D.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 30

You can see the bolt on the left side, it just goes through air until it makes contact with the raised ledge of the diff carrier:

View attachment 285999
Put the bumper on!

I'm not sure which one mine but there are several
Screenshot_20230317_024844_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230317_025415_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230317_025524_eBay.jpg
Of all that I see, mine is the only one nothing attaches to. There is even one for Limitless.
When I got the RPM bumper, the techie at my LHS grabbed an ARRMA bag off the shelf and pointed out that one piece and said I would need it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back