How do you guys feel about battery adapters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you say you own 17 RC vehicles? 😱. Not giving you a hard time, but I bought way too many toys. I honestly regret getting so many. I have like 12. But I'm going to sell half or more. Sorry for the long reply in a thread that is not related to this.
Only 12? So, you are just starting out in the hobby, right? :ROFLMAO: Before i lost them all, i fluctuated between 25 and 40 cars at any one time, and a friend has over 100 (if you count his more than 50 Tamiya's). If you let it, this hobby can become a massive addiction. Just ask my GF, who had 26 mini crawlers, and 9 Bandits.

I only use adapters for charging as the currents simply aren't that high. I use QS8s wherever I can but since most chargers have XT60 ports an adapter becomes necessary. As for in the vehicle, the fewer connectors you have, the fewer points of failure you have. That's my view on adapters of any kind be it audio, video, or electrical.

audio, video, or electrical.
Audio and video are electrical.
animation repeating GIF by Bahijjaroudi

Audio and video are electrical.
animation repeating GIF by Bahijjaroudi
Audio is the conversion of sound to electrical signals and video is the same for visuals, sure. Not exactly the same thing, but I take your meaning. Perhaps I should have said electricity or power couplings to satisfy your pedantry? :LOL:

I think that English is a second language for him, and tbh he was probably taught better than us USA pepole who took English in school as first language. lol 😂
I grew up bi-lingual in the US actually and lived there for 23 years. 15 of those years were with my family where we spoke German at home and my environment was English. After moving back to Germany as a family in 1994, I moved back to the US on my own in 2005 and got married and lived there for another 8 years. So while I'm German by birth, I do consider English to be my native tongue. I'd say 95%+ of all media I consume is in English. I've just always had a thing for language, even at a young age. I love learning new words and whenever I'd hear something new I'd look it up if it wasn't clear from the context what it meant and adopt it into my own use of language. I know some people might find it annoying or that I'm trying to sound smart but this is just how I talk. I'm also sure that growing up with a bio-chemist as a father wasn't without influence though I never went the academic route he did.

Cool! I just figured you were taught better than most, but I like your words there fun to see someone using them, since I to understand most of them. Schools now don’t seem to be as interested in the finer parts of language or mathematics any longer, and our children are suffering from it.

Cool! I just figured you were taught better than most, but I like your words there fun to see someone using them, since I to understand most of them. Schools now don’t seem to be as interested in the finer parts of language or mathematics any longer, and our children are suffering from it.
Yeah, there's been a bizarre shift in education and what is taught over the last 10-15 years. It's pretty disturbing.

Currently I only have one car so I only have one battery connector but I have a buddy who only has deans batteries and runs adapters for all his cars. He has never had a problem but I can’t imagine that this is a good set up.

See if you can find an AF member near you that's confident with soldering..
See if he/she is willing to convert your connector(s) for you (for some $ or beer) once you gather up more rigs and batteries.

Currently I only have one car so I only have one battery connector but I have a buddy who only has deans batteries and runs adapters for all his cars. He has never had a problem but I can’t imagine that this is a good set up.
Aside from current limitations.

Probably OK for crawling or other low-speed, low-impact applications. However if you are going anything else, they tend to separate after will and your car will die on a hard landing or a driver malfunction (crash).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back