Typhon How fast will my BLX100 die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Typhon 3S. Surpass 3670 2850kv motor. 3S lipo.

Motor specs say it maxes out at 98 amp draw.

What kind of top speed could I realistically expect before the BLX100 smokes away?

I have the same question about an MMX6 as well. Same car, motor, and 3S battery as above.

Thanks

Kinda one of those things you just have to push it to find out can't give an exact answer. Could have no issues or could go up in smoke first hard use just never know.

Depends how tall you gear it. If you gear it for stock speed, it should probably last a decent while. If you gear up, I would guess somewhat lower than normal. A 17t would be about stock speed for your motor, I believe. You could probably do a 18-20t depending on how hard you drive. I run a 2650kv 4068 surpass geared for stock speed and the blx100 lasted a while until I busted a cap pack just recently from banging around while bashing.

Depends how tall you gear it. If you gear it for stock speed, it should probably last a decent while. If you gear up, I would guess somewhat lower than normal. A 17t would be about stock speed for your motor, I believe. You could probably do a 18-20t depending on how hard you drive. I run a 2650kv 4068 surpass geared for stock speed and the blx100 lasted a while until I busted a cap pack just recently from banging around while bashing.
I plan to push its limits with tall gearing

^^^ Then you will also find the ESC limts this way.
Just have a Temp gun in hand and be ready for the fireworks.
:giggle:

I plan to push its limits with tall gearing
In my experience, the blx100 doesn't like giving out anymore power than the stock setup. It certainly seems like arrma designed it for a certain price point. But, if you're going to experiment, i say let the dice roll!

Thanks for the replies. Is it safe to assume an MMX6 couldn't be killed by that motor?

^^^depends on how many volts you plan on running with the MMX6.
But I doubt the motor is the critcial part of this equation. Can the motor handle it is the question. How well maintained is it?

^^^depends on how many volts you plan on running with the MMX6.
But I doubt the motor is the critcial part of this equation. Can the motor handle it is the question. How well maintained is it?
That’s a good point. I’ll open it up.

I always advocate opening , cleaning and lubing the Motor BB's with a drop of Synth. Oil. Use an Electrical Contact Spray only. Lectro-Motive automotive spray can be found at most any Auto parts store. There are other brands for electrical parts also. Must be fast evaporating. And safe for polymer and plastics. I've even used Car Mass Air Flow sensor spray. Similar results.
Don't use Brake Cleaner Spray solvent!!! Will damage the Stator and Armature's Kevlar wrap adhesive.
Clean every 15 runs or so. Best. More often if you run in the Wet and Mud.
Also the best and only way to know when it is time to change out the Motor BB's.
Or just risk bricking the motors Armature. Buying new motors much more often.
Many have Never opened their motors at all. Overlooked.
But it is an RC Thing.;)
Best performance is achieved. Runs cooler when the BB's are in top lubed condition.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back