How "Limited" is Castle's Limited Edition Copperhead 1412 3200kv combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original length (49.5mm) was a misprint on the initial launch. This has been corrected on the website and we have contacted our retailers and distributors to correct the error. The 1412-3200kv is actually 62.5mm in length; between the 1410 and 1415 as others have stated.

When the Limited Edition sell out we will release the 1412-3200kv in our standard Castle green can with a "regular" Copperhead 10. The Limited Edition Copperhead 10 has a gray bottom case, black heatsink, chrome logo on the fan shroud and includes the Direct Connect Sensor Wire. The standard Copperhead has a black bottom case, copper colored heatsink, copper logo on the fan shroud and uses our Sensored Harness adapter.
That's awesome! Thanks for telling us!(y)

Here is the 1412 motor sitting next to a goolrc 3660. The castle motor is just a little bit longer in the can.

Edit - looking at the picture, it looks like most of the extra length is in the beefy end cap on the shaft end. looks like plenty of material there for the bolts to hold on to, but that extra few MM won't be making any extra power.

20210511_165705.jpg

I'll be durned if that GoolRC doesn't look like a Spektrum motor from here.

Vehicles weighing up to 6.5 lbs. ready-to-run so unless you can find a 1oz battery this system will run rather hot.

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but wth do they expect people to run these systems in? Once you add batteries most of the Arrma 3s platform is overweight and the Traxxas 4x4 Platform is very close.

Granite 4x4 BLX 3s is 6lbs 4oz
Vorteks 4x4 BLX 3s is 6lbs 8oz
Big Rock Crew Cab 6lbs 4oz
Senton 4x4 BLX 3s is 6lbs 1oz
Typhon 4x4 BLX 3s is 5lbs 11oz

Stampede 4x4 VXL 5lbs 9oz
Rustler 4x4 VXL 5lbs 3oz
Hoss 4x4 VXL 6lbs 5oz.
Slash 4x4 VXL Ultimate 5lbs 6oz
It was designed with Holmes Hobbies as a middle ground esc combo for Crawlers. A sensored SW4 basically. Not really for us bashers.

It was designed with Holmes Hobbies as a middle ground esc combo for Crawlers. A sensored SW4 basically. Not really for us bashers.
Yes but where is the middle ground for bashers? The SW4 is rather worthless in anything 1/10 4x4 and the Mamba X is overkill. Us bashers need an esc to compete with the Hobbywing Max10 SCT.

Castle is selling this ESC as a combo with the new 1412 3200kv and the older 1415 2400kv. These are basher motors, not crawler motors.

As for what you get over the SW, for me the big upgrade is the BEC. Gone is the non-adjustable 5v, 2a BEC. Now you have a programmable BEC up to 7.4v and 6a.

I still have not run my CH combo. Granite needs a rebuild, and the house reno is eating my time.

Yes but where is the middle ground for bashers? The SW4 is rather worthless in anything 1/10 4x4 and the Mamba X is overkill. Us bashers need an esc to compete with the Hobbywing Max10 SCT.
I totally agree with you. Castle does need to fill that void. The SW4 gets hot on a 2wd.
Castle is selling this ESC as a combo with the new 1412 3200kv and the older 1415 2400kv. These are basher motors, not crawler motors.

As for what you get over the SW, for me the big upgrade is the BEC. Gone is the non-adjustable 5v, 2a BEC. Now you have a programmable BEC up to 7.4v and 6a.

I still have not run my CH combo. Granite needs a rebuild, and the house reno is eating my time.
Well Jerry, when you try it out, let us know how it goes.

I know it's not a basher, but I have the copperhead 10 and 1412 combo on my budget speed runner bandit.
20210520_184840.jpg

No problems so far, but honestly I don't know 100% what I'm doing either. Only goal right now is to top 85 mph and only because lhs said it was going to be hard to do. Running 4s and 22/50 gearing I'm at 78. A little bit bigger pinion and I think I can prove them wrong.

But zero heat issues with multiple back to back runs in 85+ degree temps.

I just put the Limited Edition in my rock racer, a Redcat Wendigo, and geared it down from the stock 17T pinion to a 14T pinion. My goal was to add a bit of crawling ability to a rock racer, and I was successful: it now works great at low speeds, and still has a decent top end. For a basher, it probably needs a fairly large pinion gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back