Big Rock How TF Do I Reconnect This Driveshaft >.<

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind that you do this trick on a rough floor, if it’s to slippery it’s to loose.

This is the guide I used to adjust my slipper clutch... too tight do y'all think?
That will result in a fully tight slipper, which is great for wheelies, but not good for saving driveshafts

Keep in mind that you do this trick on a rough floor, if it’s to slippery it’s to loose.
In theory you might think so, but in reality, just about any floor, any tire condition will get you a fully tight slipper using the tire slip method.

That will result in a fully tight slipper, which is great for wheelies, but not good for saving driveshafts

In theory you might think so, but in reality, just about any floor, any tire condition will get you a fully tight slipper using the tire slip method.
Exactly. I changed my spur and while the slipper was out I set it at 1 1/2 turns out. Put power module back in and tried the tire slip method on a hard wood floor and it tightened up the slipper almost all the way. Had to loosen it a full turn after that to get it to where I wanted it.

New driveshaft installed and slipper clutch loosened ~ 1 turn from that tire slip method tightness. Wish me luck! Thank you again for the wisdom, gentlemen

Yes every slipper is different ☝️, you just need a baseline and set it to your liking, not rocket science.

Yes every slipper is different ☝️, you just need a baseline and set it to your liking, not rocket science.
I think a good baseline for me would be drive-more-than-a-few-minutes-without-busting-another-driveshaft. I did not realize a tight slipper could cause that to happen.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse here but the slipper exists to save the drivetrain from backlash, not itself. Arrma needs to address this weakness in the drivetrain so the slipper can be left to function as intended. The video demonstration is correct. You want the drivetrain to transfer all of it's power to the rear wheels in normal circumstances. So you set the vehicle on the surface with the best traction and tighten just until the point of locking. Why? because you don't actually want it slipping under normal use. Now under those circumstances you should get 100% of the power down but anything outside of that (like a hard landing at full throttle) the slipper will give to save the drivetrain. It's basically the servo saver of drivetrains.

Using the suggested method here is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Reduce wear here, increase wear there. Racers use slipper adjustments to perfect launch control and did so mostly prior to electronic means of control. But it wasn't nothing for them to burn through clutch discs to win races. As a basher, we prefer longevity throughout. If you really need to reduce initial torque, drop the ESC punch setting to it's lowest value and see if you're happy there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back