Kraton How to adjust an adjustable servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImolaRed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Stock, my Kraton 6S has horrible steering, so I added a new servo and it helped a bit, but still having issues when turning right. I got a basherqueen adjustable servo saver to go with my new servo and put it in. Still won't steer to the right when on carpet and the saver isn't engaging. If I steer it all the way to the left put it on the carpet and then try to steer to the right, the saver kicks in and it won't steer to the right. So obviously need to adjust the saver further (tighten I guess?)

I adjusted the endpoints and still nothing.

How the heck are you supposed to adjust these? Do you really have to take it all the way out each time to adjust it? I don't see how you could get a tool in there to turn the bottom screw/adjuster. It's not really easy getting it in and out.

IMG_2421.jpg

I know with the legacy v3 6s rigs it had an adjustable SS stock back then. And there was a small hole in the chassis, you can put a L allen through to lock down the nut and the belcrank while using finger to tighten.
To tighten=Righty tighty. Tighten till the spring is compressed, yet the coils not rubbing each other. I like mine on the tighter side, using a strong MG 35kg servo at minimum.
Otherwise maybe the servo is to bame.
Also very important that the 4 Pivot balls are "Free enough", not binding the whole setup to begin with. Replace the 4 brass steering bushings with BB's. Helps much. HR I think provides them anayway. Not 100% sure. I stayed with the stocker belcrank, X hard spring and 4 BB's.
Some state the HR SS spring is just too weak anyway. I think the stocker setup with the Arrma "X-Hard" SS spring is the way to go. One shim additional will make it even firmer.
FWIW, the Arrma V3 Adjustable SS is still available, as an option part now. Add the X-Hard spring to it and you should be good. They shouldn't have changed it to a fixed one in the first place. So many complaints now. V4 and V5's.

Last edited:
Easiest way to do it was to undo the top and bottom screws (one that goes into top of saver and one under the chassis that goes to the bottom of the saver) and then take off the servo arm.

That gave me enough room to move the saver to get my hands and tools to tighten it up. Did help, turns to the right more now on carpet.

You'll probably want to level out that short linkage also.. used some washers or a old brass bushing to raise the end that's too low..

You'll probably want to level out that short linkage also.. used some washers or a old brass bushing to raise the end that's too low..

I'll see if that makes a difference. I have a longer screw that I can use so I can add some washers on it.

Yeah the link (drag link) is way too angled and your servo horn looks like the wrong length. Hard to tell.

IMO, easiest way to adjust these types of savers is to hold it still with some pliers and then turn the wheels with your other hand. Release, regrip, repeat.

That ds35 servo is actually only 2KG better than the S652 @ 7.4V in pull testing. If you visually watch the V-block ramping up with gap, tighten the saver.

Much better now! Wow, it's like a totally different vehicle.

Put the larger pinion on it, new servo, and saver, and it's a beast. No need for full throttle and it will do donuts all day. Thank you everyone.

Much better now! Wow, it's like a totally different vehicle.

Put the larger pinion on it, new servo, and saver, and it's a beast. No need for full throttle and it will do donuts all day. Thank you everyone.
So I have one I need to install on FT. Do you recommend the way you did it or see a better way?

So I have one I need to install on FT. Do you recommend the way you did it or see a better way?

I see only one way to install it, there is a YouTube video I think, that showed how to do it but it's fairly easy to see what you need to do.

To adjust it, I think the way I did it was pretty easy and doable while it's still not buttoned up. So when you install the SS leave the fender/dust covers (on the Kraton) so you can get to the SS and the adjustment easier. If it's all put back together then it's a lot more work.

Having it on carpet and trying to steer it will show you if the SS is kicking in and then adjust it from there.

I see only one way to install it, there is a YouTube video I think, that showed how to do it but it's fairly easy to see what you need to do.

To adjust it, I think the way I did it was pretty easy and doable while it's still not buttoned up. So when you install the SS leave the fender/dust covers (on the Kraton) so you can get to the SS and the adjustment easier. If it's all put back together then it's a lot more work.

Having it on carpet and trying to steer it will show you if the SS is kicking in and then adjust it from there.
@ImolaRed or anyone

The shims that come with the BasherQueen servo what are they for? Installing on my FT, and I see no place where I need them. No slop exists for me, and bearings sit flush on the post.

Any idea why they are included and what for?

Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back