Kraton How to calibrate esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I had to get a new esc through warranty (BLX 185 6S) and in the email they said “be advised you will need to calibrate the speed controller”. Instructions are included but I’m still a bit confused so I was wondering if the arrmy could help!?

Turn on transmitter.

Hold Set button on ESC and turn on, release Set when it starts chirping/red light flashing.

Make sure transmitter is in neutral. Press Set once. One beep/green flash.

Depress throttle on transmitter fully, hold. Then press Set button. Two beeps/2 green flashes.

Reverse/brake on transmitter fully, hold. Press Set button. 3 beeps/3 green flashes.

Turn off ESC. You are ready.

read the manual like 5 times and try to program 3 more times then it makes perfect sense...

Turn on transmitter.

Hold Set button on ESC and turn on, release Set when it starts chirping/red light flashing.

Depress throttle on transmitter fully, hold. Then press Set button. Two beeps/2 green flashes.

Reverse/brake on transmitter fully, hold. Press Set button. 3 beeps/3 green flashes.

Ok now that makes sense. Thanks?

Now if only these things came with a manual that would tell you things like this oh wait.................

4wer564.jpg

Great help thanks, just to add, if your tx has abs make sure its set to off, my flysky fsgt3c would not calibrate unless the abs setting was set to off.

Great help thanks, just to add, if your tx has abs make sure its set to off, my flysky fsgt3c would not calibrate unless the abs setting was set to off.

Hobbywing makes a special note of this for futaba tx with abs. In the xr8 manual it specifically says for futaba tx with abs to turn abs off during calibration. You can turn it on afterwards but I found more reliability with it off especially when engaging reverse :)

Ohh, that makes sense, when I go into reverse it really jumps into it and reverses quickly, haven't tried without abs on, will try to tomorrow.

Mine won't go into calibration regardless what I do. I'm not sure if it ever did. Seems to work ok with my DX5C/spektrum receivers though. If I hold A, turn on, release A once it starts beeping, then press A down/up, it doesn't stop beeping and flashing red. What's also odd is if I hold A down long enough for it to go into manual programming mode, it doesn't stop on the item when I press/release A like it should. I've always used the program box to adjust it. Tried 3 receivers, they all did the same thing.

Turn on transmitter.

Hi, I'm new on here and I did all that you explained but when I do the reverse part I get no green light flash or beep is it my remote I could be using? Its the flysky GT3C I'm confused calibrating it.
Hi, I'm new on here and I did all that you explained but when I do the reverse part I get no green light flash or beep is it my remote I could be using? Its the flysky GT3C I'm confused calibrating it.
Or do I have a bad esc i bought it off Amazon.
Or do I have a bad esc i bought it off Amazon.

I doubt it's bad. Bind your Tx to Rx first, you r steering servo should work fine for confirmation. If that is working look for throttle range adjust in your manual for the ESC.

I doubt it's bad. Bind your Tx to Rx first, you r steering servo should work fine for confirmation. If that is working look for throttle range adjust in your manual for the ESC.
I've tried everything so I'm just requesting a send back i took it out and put it back in the box for a return. Thanks for the info even though it still didn't work and do as it should so I'm not even requesting another one I just want to buy something different and easier to deal with. Hobbywing here i come. ?

Last edited:
read the manual like 5 times and try to program 3 more times then it makes perfect sense...
I must admit when I got into the hobby I read it once and tried it 5 times.
I now read things 5 times and try it once.

Yeah but the way I seen specktrum esc setup sounded I can do that one better than arrma esc.
Spektrum also is a rebranded Hobbywing so again it is the same calibration.

Does anyone have a link to this video?

I found this Spektrum video but it is exactly the same as doing any other Hobbywing or Hobbywing rebranded esc including the Arrma escs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back