Senton How to make Senton 6s slower ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkej

Reaction score
New to rc cars so maybe dumb question but need help.What is the easiest way to make senton 6s at least 50% slower. I want my son to play with it but out of the box is way to fast for him . Different batteries maybe ??Please advice.
Thank you.

I found online there is a throttle trim on radio will that do the trick if i trim throttle enough ???

Not running any yet just plan to buy soon. First i wanted senton 4x4 mega for my son, then i found out how much fun it might be and want to get 6s to play with it myself but need to make sure my son will be able to play with it to so it would be nice to find the way to make it much slower. wonder if that throttle trim works this way.

In the manual you can trim the throttle.i have used it, it goes something like this.

Truck on and OFF THE GROUND
With controller off.
Hold controller wheel all the way left?
Hold throttle all the way back (full throttle)
Turn on controller.
Now the lights on the controller should be blinking.
Full throttle and adjust the buttons on controller up and down to speed up or down the full throttle.

Turn off the controller and it will save, now it will be slower if you adjusted it down.

A very easy way to deal with new people on the throttle is to tape or somehow adhere a chunk of rubber, wood or something to limit the travel of the throttle/trigger. You can customize how much throttle by varying the size of the block behind the trigger. I stick the block to the handle of the radio right behind the trigger. Two sided tape or hot glue should stick firmly and be able to be removed when needed.

New to rc cars so maybe dumb question but need help.What is the easiest way to make senton 6s at least 50% slower. I want my son to play with it but out of the box is way to fast for him . Different batteries maybe ??Please advice.
Thank you.
The easiest way to do this is to run one 3s battery at a time, plug the loop connector in the other plug. The senton can safely be run on just one 3s battery. Run time will be about 15 minutes or so and the power from one 3s battery is like training mode. Try it and you will see what I mean.

A very easy way to deal with new people on the throttle is to tape or somehow adhere a chunk of rubber, wood or something to limit the travel of the throttle/trigger. You can customize how much throttle by varying the size of the block behind the trigger. I stick the block to the handle of the radio right behind the trigger. Two sided tape or hot glue should stick firmly and be able to be removed when needed.

I do this with my kids. I just use Velcro, add some behind the trigger to prevent a 'full pull'.

Also, how old is you son?

Hi,

Traxxas TQI radios with bluetooth module have a training mode. You can set it using an app on your mobile so your son can't deactivate it...:D
You might buy one with TSM for your son. I'm not a Traxxas fan but their radios, app and tsm work great!

Another radio can be a great idea.

I have a pair of TS4G radios from Hobbyking. The best two features, Model memory, and Throttle EPA. I have one MM slot set to "Bash" (Throttle to 100%), one to "Race" (Throttle to 80%), and one to "Kid Mode" (Throttle to 30%). This makes it pretty quick and easy to swap profiles and hand the remote to my kids (8 and 9). When it is my turn, I swap back to one of the "Daddy modes". :)

My daughter is 8, and gets upset if I go RC'ing without her. When I built a 1/16 MT from a kit, she thought it was 'too cute' and declared it her RC... So I painted it pink. That was the second of my RCs she claimed, the first was a 1/18 MT.

And yeah, she drives it hard. And when she breaks it, she wants a turn with my Typhon or her big brothers Kraton. :) I'm gonna need to do like Duperbash and buy her a Talion, I guess. :)

Attachments

• 20171008_092714.jpg
    20171008_092714.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 47
I do this with my kids. I just use Velcro, add some behind the trigger to prevent a 'full pull'.

Also, how old is you son?

He is 5 but love RC cars got few cheap ones and is very disappointed when they have trouble to ride on grass or go over obstacles. He is actually doing pretty well with steering.

Another radio can be a great idea.

I have a pair of TS4G radios from Hobbyking. The best two features, Model memory, and Throttle EPA. I have one MM slot set to "Bash" (Throttle to 100%), one to "Race" (Throttle to 80%), and one to "Kid Mode" (Throttle to 30%). This makes it pretty quick and easy to swap profiles and hand the remote to my kids (8 and 9). When it is my turn, I swap back to one of the "Daddy modes". :)

That's actually a pretty good idea i had it in my mind, need to look in to that radios and have one of those "Kid Mode" radios for him.
Question do i need two radios or can i just switch modes on one?? And if i own two radios can they both be connected at the same time so i could correct his mistakes if i have to (driving straight to the concrete wall or similar) ???

Thanks for all the help and advices for all.

Here is the radio I have -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackst...io-system-gyro-integrated-update-version.html
Note - there are lots of radios that can do this, pretty much any radio with model memory.

So the "Model Memory" is a set of saved settings for things like trim, EPA, channel direction, throttle expo, etc. This allows you to have the same radio set up for several models. One may need steering reversed, one has the steering trim to the left a bit, another may need the 3rd channel to have custom settings. The MM allows you to not have to mess with settings when you change between different cars with the same radio - just change to that model's saved MM slot, and go.

The way I use it for "Kid Mode" - I just copy my settings for my Typhon (or whatever model) to a new slot, and reduce the throttle EPA to low enough for my kids to control.

There are other radios that, instead of having a LCD screen, just have an extra knob or two for EPA. With these, you just dial the knob down to slow the car down. The Arrma Voltage radio is like this, as the Spektrum STX2 radio that comes with most of the ECX cars.

Speaking of ECX - if he is really into RC, and you want to get one just for him, look at ECX - the AMP is a great truck, only $140, comes with a smaller kid friendly remote. The 2wd ECX cars are very tough, and have lots of upgrades available. I started my oldest with a brushless Torment SCT when he was a teen, and he beat it like you would expect a teen to. :) Yeah, a few parts broke, but overall, I have been impressed with it. Now it has a brushed motor, and serves as my 9yo's RC, or a back-up to the pink truck for my 8yo girl. :)

AMP MT -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecx-amp-1-10-rtr-2wd-monster-truck-ecx03028t1/p464497
Brushed 2wd Torment-
https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecx-k-...ctric-2wd-short-course-truck-ecx03354/p587947

Edit - To the two radios question, no, with the modern radios, the Rx is "Bound" to the Tx, and will not pick up signals from another Tx.

I know some of the controllers come with a switch on them that will let you dial down the power like I mine it has I believe three positions one is for 50% throttle limit one's 475 and ones for 100% so you can dial it down to 50% throttle

16041756989283379791327852342562.jpg

I know some of the controllers come with a switch on them that will let you dial down the power like I mine it has I believe three positions one is for 50% throttle limit one's 475 and ones for 100% so you can dial it down to 50% throttle

A bit of a necropost (from Feb 2018) - but at the time, the Senton 6s came with the Tactic TTX300 which didn't have a throttle limiter switch that the Spektrum radios now have.

Okay I got you yeah I didn't even notice when it was from I was half out of it when I was looking at things and I just said hell I'll try to answer it LOL then in that case whoever had the idea of taping something behind the throttle up above would be my go-to that's what we used to do on the snowmobiles for the kids when they were younger we tape a socket behind them and gradually make the socket smaller

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back