Hsp Shocks for the blx lineup personal experience and pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those aren't too long?
I have 3 sets that have been on my kids' brushless Mega cars for over a year. The fronts feel great but the rears are a bit stiff for my liking. But the kids only love to roll over everything so I don't really care either. Both shocks are a little longer than the lower suspension travel but the car still bottoms out.

I have 3 sets that have been on my kids' brushless Mega cars for over a year. The fronts feel great but the rears are a bit stiff for my liking. But the kids only love to roll over everything so I don't really care either. Both shocks are a little longer than the lower suspension travel but the car still bottoms out.

I'm looking for a cheap and easy solution for my BRCC. I got the V3 Typhon shocks on my Granite because it's my favorite but I don't want to spend that much money of my other two 1/10 scale Arrmas.

I’m about ten packs in to the hsp shocks and they are working great. Only complaint is the rear is considerably stiffer. It hasn’t affected it too
Much as it stays planted. They were a pain to get set up properly but after a few attempts it dampens well enough. Still pretty happy with a 17$ gamble that seems to be working out really well. I was not easy on the granite today with all the snow. First two times hitting lvc and a broken wheelie bar. This little granite is just so fun.

I'm looking for a cheap and easy solution for my BRCC. I got the V3 Typhon shocks on my Granite because it's my favorite but I don't want to spend that much money of my other two 1/10 scale Arrmas.
I would use them on the Granite & BRCC in a heartbeat. As for the Senton, I would want the shocks to be softer but that's my tastes for SCTs. But both the kids' brushless Sentons look like BRCCs now since they love MTs. Good on Arrma for making this platform so universal.

Hsp 81002/81003. They are longer than stock. With some silicon tubing and a #6 washer they fit well. Same shock oils as that is what I had 42.5. Way less bounces more planted in the rear and dampening seems to be fine as well. Haven’t had a lot of runs with them but it’s nice to not worry about leaky shocks as my stock were leaking. I did fix two of the stock ones but then these showed up. It’s a very nice option for 17$ shipped and a little bit of a wait for the slow boat.

So I see the washer in the photo... Where did you rig it with a rubber spacer? Outside the plastic? Is this a similar setup than you did Megasty?

I would use them on the Granite & BRCC in a heartbeat. As for the Senton, I would want the shocks to be softer but that's my tastes for SCTs. But both the kids' brushless Sentons look like BRCCs now since they love MTs. Good on Arrma for making this platform so universal.

Thanks! I ordered up a set for my BRCC.

So I see the washer in the photo... Where did you rig it with a rubber spacer? Outside the plastic? Is this a similar setup than you did Megasty?
It’s a piece of silicon tubing the black piece you see came with the shocks and I used the #6 stainless washer to even the mount up and center it.

Same setup. It's a bit of a pain to get the washers to line up but I found it easier to do with the car lying on its side.

Another option is basher sabertooth shocks. I borrowed them off my truck. They do sell them on eBay from time to time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190123-184243.png
    Screenshot_20190123-184243.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20190123-184227.png
    Screenshot_20190123-184227.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Does anyone know if the rod ends are sold separately? I broke an a-arm the other day, and it took a chunk of the rod end eyelet with it. I'm using the 81003 and 81002 on my Granite 4x4 BLX, and I like them so far. I like the extra clearance for going through tall grass and landing jumps.

Another option is basher sabertooth shocks. I borrowed them off my truck. They do sell them on eBay from time to time.
I really like the looks of these. Beefy. Are they pretty good quality?and how much were they?

I have been running a set of the 81002 and 81003 on my granite for about 8-10 months without any issues, I did use the stock springs on them which greatly improved the handling, the stock springs seemed to stiff. I just purchased a set of the 81002N and 81003N in hopes they will work on a Senton 3s Basher that I am building from the ground up. I also snagged a set of Talion Shocks off of Fleabay to test out on my Typhon. The talion shocks seem to have a really slow rebound and are a hair stiff. I will be changing the fluid in them to see if that helps, if not I will be looking for some different internals for them. I haven't had a chance to really run them so I will have to report back on them.

Attachments

• Front Shocks.JPG
    Front Shocks.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Rear Shocks.JPG
    Rear Shocks.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 74
  • Shocks_81002_81003.PNG
    Shocks_81002_81003.PNG
    444.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Shocks_81002N_81003N.PNG
    Shocks_81002N_81003N.PNG
    752.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Talion 6s Shocks.PNG
    Talion 6s Shocks.PNG
    308.1 KB · Views: 69
I have a set in Green on the way. Been about 4 weeks now though so I'm hoping they show up soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back