I’m more jealous of Youtubers bashing spots that I am of their cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also relate to this thread. Growing up in rural Indiana the first time I saw a hill, not a mountain, it was life changing lol. I didn't realize land could be anything other than flat with 4 mile visibility in every direction. When I'm out and about I am always scouring for a potential bash spot. Ramps are cool and all but they lose their luster after awhile.

I also relate to this thread. Growing up in rural Indiana the first time I saw a hill, not a mountain, it was life changing lol. I didn't realize land could be anything other than flat with 4 mile visibility in every direction. When I'm out and about I am always scouring for a potential bash spot. Ramps are cool and all but they lose their luster after awhile.
I hear ya about the ramps.. I get bored after a dozen hits..natural terrain is so much more exciting..provided everything's not flat in your region,LOL. At my property, the only thing flat is the septic "leach field".. it's actually difficult to max out a stock 6s rc on my 5 acre parcel between the trees, house and being on top of the hill.. life's so tough!! 🤣🤣

I hear ya! Tuning an engine is a skill for sure, what makes it frustrating is that most all rtr nitro motors are low quality or have low quality components..they typically have air leaks from the carb or crank seals. No matter how good someone is at tuning, an air leak is impossible to work with.. i really only dealt with bump boxes or a roto zip for starting. Recoils are frustrating for sure.
carn't beat electric these days you have more or less everything speed power good handling would never go back to nitro. yes all my engines were rtr ones

carn't beat electric these days you have more or less everything speed power good handling would never go back to nitro. yes all my engines were rtr ones
My sentiments too.. no disrespect to nitro. Electric is "super easy" by comparison. Somehow I don't share this affection for electric 1:1 cars though..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Everyone who approaches me when I bash thinks these are Nitros/gas. I don't know why.
But they see how fast these are and just assume are gassers?:unsure:
Having nitros myself, I can't see how electric motors can be mistaken for nitro engines. Electrics rule these days. Nitros are a thing of the past IMHO.
Except for Racing. I can see how High performance Nitro racing requires a different skill set. The drving experience and power delivery is in a different world.
For bashing, Electric is the only way to go.:cool:
My sentiments too.. no disrespect to nitro. Electric is "super easy" by comparison. Somehow I don't share this affection for electric 1:1 cars though..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
+1
I never liked the feel of an EV or Hybrid myself. They are not practical at all. And defintiely not Carbon footprint frendly at all. That is a falsehood. Even Elon eluded to this.
Here in Rhode island our skate parks are actually allways used up by actual skaters..but the skaters are always cool to share .I only wish the cops would be so sharing when I use a road for a speed pass 😁
I go to Jones beach State park. at the West end Field 2 to run. Mostly in the Off Seasn. It is dead there. Yet the State troopers aren't all that freindly about it when I run My Lim. Some are cool. But it sucks to drive an hour and find that you are told to pack it in.

Last edited:
I saw it the other way when I went in the chAir Force, grew up around mountains my whole life, basic in San Antonio Texas, flat as a board, then tech school in Illinois, also flat. It was strange not seeing any elevation for months.

I have one baseball field with a big pile of Clay to service the pitchers mound. I shaped it just right and I get some great air with My Kraton and FT.
That sounds fun! There is a park near me with a raised section around one edge of the park. Like it quickly gains maybe 8 feet or so, though you can walk up it (it's not like a mini-cliff). But driving off the upper side of that was fun. And there was a big dirt pile (well, maybe clay?) near the baseball diamond. Last time I was there, that was still frozen, and a bit snowy, so I left it alone. But I'm hoping that, the next time I'm there, maybe I can try going off that pile.

I never liked the feel of an EV or Hybrid myself. They are not practical at all. And defintiely not Carbon footprint frendly at all. That is a falsehood. Even Elon eluded to this
I've never even driven one TBH. For me, it's a combination of bad vibes and experience..
The fact that the current administration is pushing it,🤮, it's newish tech which I can't afford. I mean, the newest car in our household is 10 years old.., my daily is nearly 20.. AND the fact that my electric bill is already through the roof!!🤮 Combine that with this green bill crap NY is cramming down our throats by eliminating all gas and solid fuel heat..good grief!!🤮🤮🤮🤮
Soo, no, I'm not interested in an EV!!🤣🤣

That sounds fun! There is a park near me with a raised section around one edge of the park. Like it quickly gains maybe 8 feet or so, though you can walk up it (it's not like a mini-cliff). But driving off the upper side of that was fun. And there was a big dirt pile (well, maybe clay?) near the baseball diamond. Last time I was there, that was still frozen, and a bit snowy, so I left it alone. But I'm hoping that, the next time I'm there, maybe I can try going off that pile.
Yeah many decent baseball fields will have a spare pile of Clay on the sidelines, to dress up the mound. I use that to my advantage.

Where do these people live with these epic bashing spots? I just watched rich duperbashs most recent video and he’s at a skate park that looks like the friggin X games. Seems the UK and California are the places to be. Connecticut has pitiful tiny crappy skate parks that are always super crowded anyway.
I thought exactly the same thing, there’s nowhere near me big enough or quiet enough to let rip properly and these guys have got airstrips to use it’s crazy

Everyone who approaches me when I bash thinks these are Nitros/gas. I don't know why.
But they see how fast these are and just assume are gassers?:unsure:
Having nitros myself, I can't see how electric motors can be mistaken for nitro engines. Electrics rule these days. Nitros are a thing of the past IMHO.
Except for Racing. I can see how High performance Nitro racing requires a different skill set. The drving experience and power delivery is in a different world.
For bashing, Electric is the only way to go.:cool:

+1
I never liked the feel of an EV or Hybrid myself. They are not practical at all. And defintiely not Carbon footprint frendly at all. That is a falsehood. Even Elon eluded to this.

I go to Jones beach State park. at the West end Field 2 to run. Mostly in the Off Seasn. It is dead there. Yet the State troopers aren't all that freindly about it when I run My Lim. Some are cool. But it sucks to drive an hour and find that you are told to pack it in.
yes I get that a lot people thinking there nitro cars

When I got complaints of me running my 2 vintage nitros maybe once a year at most, there was always that one neighbor that had an issue. Now even my Electrics are too noisey now. Mod 1 Metal gears do make some noise I agree. But no one says anything about the tuner crowd and and their backfiring Beemers. Or the Landscapers who wake you up early in the morning with their leaf blowers.
I've never even driven one TBH. For me, it's a combination of bad vibes and experience..
The fact that the current administration is pushing it,🤮, it's newish tech which I can't afford. I mean, the newest car in our household is 10 years old.., my daily is nearly 20.. AND the fact that my electric bill is already through the roof!!🤮 Combine that with this green bill crap NY is cramming down our throats by eliminating all gas and solid fuel heat..good grief!!🤮🤮🤮🤮
Soo, no, I'm not interested in an EV!!🤣🤣
Gov. Hochel can go screw......:mad:

Last edited:
Where do these people live with these epic bashing spots? I just watched rich duperbashs most recent video and he’s at a skate park that looks like the friggin X games. Seems the UK and California are the places to be. Connecticut has pitiful tiny crappy skate parks that are always super crowded anyway.
Just make your own ramp and you can pretty much take it anywhere like i DO!!
Here is a pretty killer bashing video that I made!

I watch all your Vids. Yeah you have great venues for bashing no doubt. (y)
Your driving is spot on. You seem comfortable no matter where you run.

Thanks, though my last video may change your mind 🤣!

You popped your cherry with Speed running.
We all do this and alot worse with our speed runners. :LOL:
Great to see you delve into On road stuff. A nice video.(y)
This looks like a nice model no doubt. Overall appears durable considering a cement curb got in your way.:)
How good is the parts train is the question...... Rlaarlo was nice to Etch your name on that sweet CF chassis. Must be the top end CF version no doubt. They did that for another YT'er and a CF version Rlaarlo. Your video was best. (y) Explained better. I think the name Riaario is better. Rlaarlo is a tounge twister.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah headlight buckets will never survive with carnage.
Basically its a 1/10 Touring car with tall gearing.
I would install the Bat Wings for better directional stability.
:cool:

Edited.

Last edited:
Yeah I flinched also when that Curb got in its way. Been there. :LOL:
Next time move the curb somewhere else. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back