I’m more jealous of Youtubers bashing spots that I am of their cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Where do these people live with these epic bashing spots? I just watched rich duperbashs most recent video and he’s at a skate park that looks like the friggin X games. Seems the UK and California are the places to be. Connecticut has pitiful tiny crappy skate parks that are always super crowded anyway.

Last edited:
Where do these people live with these epic bashing spots? I just watched rich duperbashs most recent video and he’s at a skate park that looks like the friggin X games. Seems the UK and California auto places to be. Connecticut has pitiful tiny crappy skate parks that are always super crowded anyway.
Definitely feel ya there. Really difficult to find space to let these 6s monsters stretch their legs. My spots within walking distance are a little smaller, but they've also taught me much better throttle control. For all out mayhem, i.e. really fast driving & BIG wrecks I hafta haul a car around in the work truck & hope for a good construction site. Look around for some new developments (un-gated/un-fenced) for bashing spots 🙂😁👍🤘

I actually go to Rich Duperbashs's skatepark😀
Oh man so jealous. Is that in California somewhere?

That open loop is sick and he nailed it so smoothly. I like that he is sensible in his video and he’s not sending it to the moon to have it come down from 30 feet onto concrete (like he does on the dirt piles). He’s just kind of riding the contours, grinding lofting really smooth… That’s how I would want to play in the skate park. I’m not anti-Kevin Talbot, but I definitely would not drive My cars like that.

Where do these people live with these epic bashing spots? I just watched rich duperbashs most recent video and he’s at a skate park that looks like the friggin X games. Seems the UK and California are the places to be. Connecticut has pitiful tiny crappy skate parks that are always super crowded anyway.
Here in Rhode island our skate parks are actually allways used up by actual skaters..but the skaters are always cool to share .I only wish the cops would be so sharing when I use a road for a speed pass 😁

Here in Rhode island our skate parks are actually allways used up by actual skaters..but the skaters are always cool to share .I only wish the cops would be so sharing when I use a road for a speed pass 😁
That’s kind of the problem here too. I could survive with a tiny skate park, but when there’s only one half pipe…. Then 2 skaters is crowded if you’re the rc guy. But I’ve never seen anything resembling a bowl around here, it’s all just rails and half pipes and basic jumps is all I’ve ever seen. Maybe it’s something about New England… If you made a bowl, somehow, you have to get the water out of it and that sounds expensive. I mean you can’t just put a drain in the bottom of a 10 foot hole right?

That’s kind of the problem here too. I could survive with a tiny skate park, but when there’s only one half pipe…. Then 2 skaters is crowded if you’re the rc guy. But I’ve never seen anything resembling a bowl around here, it’s all just rails and half pipes and basic jumps is all I’ve ever seen. Maybe it’s something about New England… If you made a bowl, somehow, you have to get the water out of it and that sounds expensive. I mean you can’t just put a drain in the bottom of a 10 foot hole right?
I've never seen a bowl here in Rhode island..half pipes yes stairs yes rails yes. But no bowls here..since I only do speed passes it's a bit different for me..I have a few roads that I allways go to buy the cops at least a few of them don't really want me there.ive been warned and almost ticketed.the road is always dead .a country road.i see farms on both sides and I get my balls busted alot..I keep it cool and just be respectful to the cops..they so far let me go after the warning but they really can't do nothing because they never actually catch me doing the speed pass..I can see them coming from a mile away .lol

I was pissed off by the lack of spots to fly my fpv quads but after 4 months of bashing i only found a tiny nice spot with a even more tiny jump for my Kraton. Need to found an alternative ASAP.

This is the skate park...

Screenshot 2023-04-04 081157.jpg

Yeah man!! That skatepark does look epic!!
Nothing like that in my region either.. to be honest, I think it goes with the territory. You have to be in close proximity to a substantial concentration of people. Which I am thankful NOT to be,LOL. I have no desire to spend time stuck in traffic everyday, or listen to my neighbors dogs bark, music thump, ect.. I actually enjoy not being around most people. If I want to take in an MLB or NFL game, I'd have to travel for hours..perfect!! Cuz I don't want to,LOL.
I admit, there are some things I'd like to have nearby, such as an epic skatepark..but, I don't. Oh well, thankfully ramps are easy enough to make!!😁🤘🍻

All the really fun looking places around me are fenced off.
Most are flat and have issues like one of them grows some thin moss/grass mix that makes it almost useless when it's wet which is half the year here in the PNW. Another is a dirt parking lot at a sports complex that is busy with cars in the afternoons and all weekend after 8:00am so I have limited access. The local park has a nice sized field, but have to catch it when people aren't playing fetch with their dogs. 😠😆
Only spot that is always available for me is very rough and full of large rocks that make it easier to break stuff.
Once the weather is a little better I'm going to try a couple of nearby state parks and public land that is open to 4x4s, atvs, etc.

Most are flat and have issues like one of them grows some thin moss/grass mix that makes it almost useless when it's wet which is half the year here in the PNW. Another is a dirt parking lot at a sports complex that is busy with cars in the afternoons and all weekend after 8:00am so I have limited access. The local park has a nice sized field, but have to catch it when people aren't playing fetch with their dogs. 😠😆
Only spot that is always available for me is very rough and full of large rocks that make it easier to break stuff.
Once the weather is a little better I'm going to try a couple of nearby state parks and public land that is open to 4x4s, atvs, etc.
Sounds tough.. I grew up in suburbia, there were always places to go, but limited access. Now I live in a pretty rural area, everyone has 5 acres or more around me. I don't leave home with my rigs anymore😁 It can get old sometimes, that just means there's work to do🤷‍♂️😉🍻

Suburbia does get old, especially since I grew up on 50+acres that I could roam as a kid. Luckily there are a lot of parks with wooded trails within 10-15 minutes that aren't crowded. I go almost every morning rain or shine with my 2 dogs, helps keep me sane in the suburbs. 😎

We always get flak from the skate boarders when we go to the skatepark. They'll always throw out completely ridiculous slanders like "oh man, that's so dangerous, you could hit a kid" and "Hey, no motorized vehicles allowed here". Even though they are riding with no helmet and almost hitting the little 4 year old kids who are sharing the skate park too 🙄 Which means we usually have to head there when it's wet and cleared out. Hard on bearings, but it is alot of fun.

Lots of bmx tracks around here too, but there are usually specific signs about "NO RCs". RCers just get no love.

Preach on! (y)
Same problem here :(

For most who don't live in a city or suburban areas have enough land to make their own tracks or parks..so start digging 😁
HaHa!! Been diggin..for about 3 years now, and cutting, digging, cutting, digging..😂😂
It's quite a challenge to turn a wooded area into an rc track with a one man team and limited tools.. old, fat, and lazy don't help either!! 😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back