I’m more jealous of Youtubers bashing spots that I am of their cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230219_162431_copy_1843x1382.jpg

I've got small town parks near me that I can run on the soccer fields or baseball, if it's not in season. As long as no ones around. There's a rural elementary school that has acres of open grass behind it. Wish it was all dirt though.

The larger city park does have a small BMX track and a new skate park, but the BMX is fenced in and the skate park is always full of kids and lots of BS happens there. Fights and crap.....so ghetto......so ain't goin' there. I'll stay on the rural side of the county where I live. ;) (y)

Tons of mountain trails around me (Appalachian and others). Just need to get my Rock Bouncer built and try them out.

They are planning a huge new development about a mile from my house.......not sure when they break ground...but it's rural so I'll def be sneakin' in there during construction!

They are building 2 HUGE warehouses (Amazon and something else) right by the highway. I pass em every day taking my son to school and drool over all the open dirt there! But it's def a no trespassing area.

Hate traffic and older I get, the less I like people in general.........that's why I built the track in my yard!!! ;) 🥳(y)😁✌️
And this is why I'm putting a poster of you on my bedroom wall, you sir are my Idol! :love: ;) :ROFLMAO:

It's a little tough finding open spots for bashing, but I have places to run a crawler EVERYWHERE around me. Was driving earlier today and saw this about 4 miles from home with a parking lot right by it, lol.
20230404_152609.jpg

Got a TRX4 Sport because I had to with so many places to crawl. I know where I'll be Saturday with it!🤣

I found the most epic bashing spot in Misson Bay. I went for my birthday last weekend and brought the typhon and the fireteam. I literally drove the fireteam for 10 seconds and blew the tire apart :banghead: at least the typhon stayed together for two battery packs. I'm ready to go back, it was well maintained.

View attachment 290516

View attachment 290517
Wow, that looks awesome!! Holy crap.
Wow, that's a pretty picture and great spot!
It's a little tough finding open spots for bashing, but I have places to run a crawler EVERYWHERE around me. Was driving earlier today and saw this about 4 miles from home with a parking lot right by it, lol.
View attachment 290534

Got a TRX4 Sport because I had to with so many places to crawl. I know where I'll be Saturday with it!🤣

Nice, have fun! I've been wondering about getting a TRX4M, since $150 seems like a budget-friendly option for trying a crawler. Cheaper than the $500 TRX4, but admittedly the TRX4 Sport would be a middle-ground, at around $370.

Am I correct in remembering that the Sport has a locked differential, and 1-speed transmission, vs the TRX4 being able to unlock, and having 2 speeds? I don't know if there are other differences between them.

I brought my Sledge over to the town brush dump a month or so ago, to check out options over there. But the big rocky dirt piles and stuff didn't seem like a great option. They be good for a crawler, though.

Last edited:
Haha i definitely relate to this thread title. I guess there is a lot of urban sprawl around duperbash because those massive gravel lots with big piles of dirt, left wide open to the public, are ridiculous.

Here in australia even the tiniest little patch gets a 6ft high fence put up around it.

Haha i definitely relate to this thread title. I guess there is a lot of urban sprawl around duperbash because those massive gravel lots with big piles of dirt, left wide open to the public, are ridiculous.

Here in australia even the tiniest little patch gets a 6ft high fence put up around it.
I actually was born and grew up here in the Sacramento area, back in the 70s we had massive wide open spaces around here. There is still a ton but the area has definitely grown. California has a tremendous amount of public land too, I can go take my Jeep or a motorcycle and head up up to one the national forests less than an hour from home and pretty much not see another person all day long without any trouble at all.

NY has the largest state park in the US, but don't you dare take a motorized vehicle on any state property!! I get it, people will destroy pretty much everything nature has created, sadly..

Dang, that's harsh..no offense but the more I learn of Australia, the less I like. Seems the politics are further off base than the US. I know, no politics..😉
Also, I think the fact that Duperbash has been using some of the same "construction sites" for so long is a sign of just how weak the economy really is in Cali.. I mean, those projects should have been finished long ago,no? NY is just as bad off TBH.. I just need to find those abandoned construction sites!!🤔😉😂😂

I have nothing good to bash at around me. I can’t even get onto the baseball fields🤦
I am happy if I can find a delapidated Baseball field. Or a Soccer field. An acre is enough for me to stretch the legs of my 6s rigs.
Skateparks are for skaters. Respect them and go early AM. Skaters are also cool and approachable and most times are willing to watch if you're sending it.
+1

I guess I'm lucky, I have lots of awesome places to bash around within an hour's drive. But I always go at random times when nobody is there.

Now a 1/8 nitro racetrack? Fuggedaboutit! :(

I guess I'm lucky, I have lots of awesome places to bash around within an hour's drive. But I always go at random times when nobody is there.

Noise becomes an issue in residential areas for sure. I know you've been on a nitro kick, tuning the motor, clutch and brakes definitely adds to the magic of proper setup. I can respect that👍 I just lost interest in the mess , noise and costs. I don't know when I became that miserable old man..😱🤣🤣

Noise becomes an issue in residential areas for sure. I know you've been on a nitro kick, tuning the motor, clutch and brakes definitely adds to the magic of proper setup. I can respect that👍 I just lost interest in the mess , noise and costs. I don't know when I became that miserable old man..😱🤣🤣

Darn kids, your cars are too loud!!!

it was keeping them going I found the hardest so frustrating never seemed to get a full run in without it cutting out then you would snap the pull start trying to start it. then the glow plug didn't work 😫

it was keeping them going I found the hardest so frustrating never seemed to get a full run in without it cutting out then you would snap the pull start trying to start it. then the glow plug didn't work 😫
I hear ya! Tuning an engine is a skill for sure, what makes it frustrating is that most all rtr nitro motors are low quality or have low quality components..they typically have air leaks from the carb or crank seals. No matter how good someone is at tuning, an air leak is impossible to work with.. i really only dealt with bump boxes or a roto zip for starting. Recoils are frustrating for sure.

I watch all your Vids. Yeah you have great venues for bashing no doubt. (y)
Your driving is spot on. You seem comfortable no matter where you run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back