Notorious I can't stop breaking stuff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back into RC after Christmas. Been away quite a few years. Wanted a MT and came across erevo 2 and liked the looks. Started research and began to read all the problems with that truck.

Said to myself I'm not going that way after seeing YouTube videos with that truck breaking on 3' jumps. This part, that part, etc.

Then on to further research came across Arrma. Started reading more and more day after day. More YouTube videos and here I am. Man they are fricking tough. So I've found my brand of choice.

Been waiting nearly 3 months for the new line to drop and glad I did extensive research. Ordered 2 Arrmas today and I can say they will definitely outperform the erevo 2 in toughness by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:
I've had some issues as well. The rear diff spur gear had chunks taken out of it, my pinion got chewed up, and i completely snapped a front drive shaft. I was getting frustrated as well. I see all these guys beating the crap out of theirs and mine takes two jumps and it breaks three parts? I'm not blaming the car. Its my lack of experience with 1/8 scale. 1/10 scale i can jump and not break all day long. The 1/8 scale is so much bigger and is harder to judge the landings. So i've taken the advice in this post and i'm running 4s until i can get it right. I'll still run 6s when i'm charging my 4s batteries though.

I've had some issues as well. The rear diff spur gear had chunks taken out of it, my pinion got chewed up, and i completely snapped a front drive shaft. I was getting frustrated as well. I see all these guys beating the crap out of theirs and mine takes two jumps and it breaks three parts? I'm not blaming the car. Its my lack of experience with 1/8 scale. 1/10 scale i can jump and not break all day long. The 1/8 scale is so much bigger and is harder to judge the landings. So i've taken the advice in this post and i'm running 4s until i can get it right. I'll still run 6s when i'm charging my 4s batteries though.

And i forgot to mention i changed my diff oils as well. 50k in the front, 200k in the middle, 30k in the rear.

Same here. My Notorious probably hasn't had 3 packs run through, and last night, I had to tear down the front diff. Found a couple of teeth partially chipped off on the ring gear. It was making a clicking noise when running. Ordered spare diffs, and cleaned out this one, packed it with white lithium grease, and put it back together. Now after all that work, I wish I had just run it till it exploded. Still has a slight click, but will run it until it gets much worse, before I tear into it again. A bit confused about the different diffs. The Notorious has a 10 tooth pinion, and most of the others have a larger pinion. Can't figure how they get a larger pinion in there, with the same case ??? Seems to me as there would not be enough side room ???

Same here. My Notorious probably hasn't had 3 packs run through, and last night, I had to tear down the front diff. Found a couple of teeth partially chipped off on the ring gear. It was making a clicking noise when running. Ordered spare diffs, and cleaned out this one, packed it with white lithium grease, and put it back together. Now after all that work, I wish I had just run it till it exploded. Still has a slight click, but will run it until it gets much worse, before I tear into it again. A bit confused about the different diffs. The Notorious has a 10 tooth pinion, and most of the others have a larger pinion. Can't figure how they get a larger pinion in there, with the same case ??? Seems to me as there would not be enough side room ???

Only the Senton and Typhon have a bigger diff pinion. The rest are 10t (Noto, Kraton, Outcast, Talion).

You made me look. In the book, for the diff housing, it shows the same number for all the 6S models. AR310854. But different numbers for the diff units. Would be hard to tell without have some in your hands. I've ordered a few sets, we'll see when they get here. It must be magic?

I'm so frustrated! Seems like every time I fix my notorious, I take it out and break something else. I just did a full teardown, rebuilt the diffs, switched out the A-arms, upgraded some other parts, and I take it out for a run, and mis-judged a turn and hit a curb. Now I have to replace the front differential case and some other suspension parts. Another 30 bucks down the drain! Sometimes I just feel like selling this thing and cutting my losses. I know it is my lack of driving skills, but it still sucks. Just venting...
It is called "NOTORIOUS". 6s wide open throttle on any terrain is rough on it. I melted thru the plastic center diff carrier case lost my spoiler and disconnected a steering rod all on the same run running road rage street tires on hard top caliche. No flips. No hitting anything. Just wide open throttle. But for me bashing is only fun at full throttle. Youll end up opening ur wallet for sure

season 1 s1 GIF by Dream Corp LLC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back