Vorteks I guess i got a Vorteks 😆

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorentz82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
IMG_5667.jpeg

Pinion mesh was spot on from factory.
Wheelaxels bolta were really tight from factory.
New Spektrum ESC beeps with lipo count 👍 (Granite esc does not).

So everything seems really good out of the box.

Now my son with his Granite and my Vorteks will have a blast!

Last edited:
That's awesome! Good times with your boy! Might want to dig into the diffs and shocks to change or add fluids as they are often insufficiently filled. Lots of good pre run info on here and u- tube.

Nice, I just bought one myself. I guess you got lucky. My mesh was lose and my different were near empty. Took care of that stuff and it runs awesome
Yeah i am really enjoying the Vorteks 3S! May i ask what you used to top up the diffs with? thickness number?

How much is enough in the diff? any pictures of a proper amount to put in? Thanks

The weight comes down to how you drive and what you want it to do. The thicker you go the less steering you will have. It will push while on throttle. The thicker in back and it will cause more sliding in the rear also.
Its good to get multiple weights and play and find what works for you and how you want your rig to drive.
I just did the 20/15 in the big rock and I wouldn't want anything more. Keeps them from blowing up the inside tire but doesn't effect the steering enough to make it push when I'm on throttle.

How do you want it to behave?

I fill mine completely.

The weight comes down to how you drive and what you want it to do. The thicker you go the less steering you will have. It will push while on throttle. The thicker in back and it will cause more sliding in the rear also.
Its good to get multiple weights and play and find what works for you and how you want your rig to drive.
I just did the 20/15 in the big rock and I wouldn't want anything more. Keeps them from blowing up the inside tire but doesn't effect the steering enough to make it push when I'm on throttle.

How do you want it to behave?

I fill mine completely.
Thanks for that explanation. I do like how it drives out the box and i don't want any less steering, but would like a little more push forward from the rear when going straight.

How much is enough in the diff? any pictures of a proper amount to put in? Thanks
Just fill them up to almost level within 1mm of the top. And if there is any excess, it will just push out when you close it up. Wipe clean after it's closed. With experience filling over time, you will find no excess oil pushing out.
A Perfect scenario is that the gasket and screws remain dry and clean of oil, during this filling process.

Just fill them up to almost level within 1mm of the top. And if there is any excess, it will just push out when you close it up. Wipe clean after it's closed. With experience filling over time, you will find no excess oil pushing out.
A Perfect scenario is that the gasket and screws remain dry and clean of oil, during this filling process.
Thank you :) i will try my best :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back