Felony I have a MMX8S 1717 1650 Combo, what should i put it in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killed the gopro & bent the chassis but some how my front splitter and body survived. The infraction sits low so when you want to stop at speed you need a lot of space to slowly brake or it just slides uncontrollably.
I am a FPV drone guy, so i go through lots of gopros. Luckily we have BestBuy here which offers a free replacement warranty for cheap, otherwise i would have to mortgage my house to stay in the hobby. I just wish they still sold the sessions.

In my opinion you don’t need to upgrade the servo in the on road cars. Unless you want something that is super twitchy fast, the stock servo has plenty of power to move small low traction tires.

In my opinion you don’t need to upgrade the servo in the on road cars. Unless you want something that is super twitchy fast, the stock servo has plenty of power to move small low traction tires.
The replacement was more for reliability than performance in this case... i have heard a lot of stories about the spectrum servos browning out the BEC in the ESC which then shuts down the ESC. It would be worth the cost of a servo to avoid a high speed crash.

The replacement was more for reliability than performance in this case... i have heard a lot of stories about the spectrum servos browning out the BEC in the ESC which then shuts down the ESC. It would be worth the cost of a servo to avoid a high speed crash.
Good to know. I have never owned a Spectrum servo myself. I have had plenty of the Arrma servos and the ADS-15M is pretty decent IMO for an on-road or plastic chassis cars. I like a 35KG servo in my 6S off-road rigs

Good to know. I have never owned a Spectrum servo myself. I have had plenty of the Arrma servos and the ADS-15M is pretty decent IMO for an on-road or plastic chassis cars. I like a 35KG servo in my 6S off-road rigs
Now that you say that i just assumed they were spectrum... i only have an EXB, so it didn't come with a servo... who makes the ADS-15M does arrma really make servos or do they sub it out to someone else?

Now that you say that i just assumed they were spectrum... i only have an EXB, so it didn't come with a servo... who makes the ADS-15M does arrma really make servos or do they sub it out to someone else?
Not sure myself. 🤷🏻‍♂️

As the stock motor and ESC are Spektrum would make sense that the servo was also. not 100% sure but seems the way to go
The ESC is a Hobbywing. The motor could be too. Not sure on the servo OEM.

Here is one of the threads on a bad servo taking down the ESC:

Post in thread 'Infraction Quit. Help.' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/infraction-quit-help.29192/post-409174

Poor guy went through hell trying everything to get it to work before he finally unplugged the servo and it came back to life.

Just want to thank everyone on here for he help and advice.

FedEx showed up at lunch with the Infraction.

15 mins later I had the guts swapped out for the castle system and flysky reciever. Was super easy, took longer for the batteries to charge.

Took a quick rip around the neighborhood on a 22 T pinion, this thing is nasty...

My fans are on the slow boat, but I'll try out the 25T when they arrive.

If anyone needs a spectrum motor or esc I'll post them on the classified page.

Thanks again guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back