Felony I lost a toenail to my felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
While enjoying a large parking lot yesterday that is over 600 meters I ran the felony to the other end, handbrake turned and came flying back towards me at full speed. I lifted off the throttle at what looked like halfway then slammed on the brake at what looked like 100 meters. The car wasn't stopping and I was standing 10 meters in front of a curb. The car rapidly approached me still going at a blistering clip and I was worried it was going head first into the curb.

I pride myself on being able to quickly analyze a situation and come up with something actionable. I thought...put your foot in front of it to stop it from hitting the curb. With the car very close I asked myself if that was a wise choice. I answered that wise or not a bad plan was better than no plan.

Out goes the foot. The car slams into it and knocks me off my feet. The car, after encoutering my foot, left the ground and forward cartwheeled about 20 feet into a drainage ditch. In front of my wife who I drug out in 90 degree heat to see me run a car I had wrecked and she watched me repair. She asked if getting knocked down and car flying into drainage ditch was my plan.

This morning I woke up and the big toe nail had left to seek out adventure elsewhere. I only have pics of this run. I got a clean fast run and should have packed it in but said “one more.”

Felony is no joke. After I got the Felony out of the ditch it ran just fine and had some minor body damage.

IMG_6557.png

IMG_6558.png

IMG_6559.png

While enjoying a large parking lot yesterday that is over 600 meters I ran the felony to the other end, handbrake turned and came flying back towards me at full speed. I lifted off the throttle at what looked like halfway then slammed on the brake at what looked like 100 meters. The car wasn't stopping and I was standing 10 meters in front of a curb. The car rapidly approached me still going at a blistering clip and I was worried it was going head first into the curb.

I pride myself on being able to quickly analyze a situation and come up with something actionable. I thought...put your foot in front of it to stop it from hitting the curb. With the car very close I asked myself if that was a wise choice. I answered that wise or not a bad plan was better than no plan.

Out goes the foot. The car slams into it and knocks me off my feet. The car, after encoutering my foot, left the ground and forward cartwheeled about 20 feet into a drainage ditch. In front of my wife who I drug out in 90 degree heat to see me run a car I had wrecked and she watched me repair. She asked if getting knocked down and car flying into drainage ditch was my plan.

This morning I woke up and the big toe nail had left to seek out adventure elsewhere. I only have pics of this run. I got a clean fast run and should have packed it in but said “one more.”

Felony is no joke. After I got the Felony out of the ditch it ran just fine and had some minor body damage.

View attachment 311540

View attachment 311541

View attachment 311542

Famous Last Words...

Hopefully that's not what you think up to do Again next time..

Hey at least it's something that'll grow back! 👊

I guess You missed the video of the guy who broke his leg in two while trying to jump over his speeding Infraction that went sideways during a speed run...

Note to self-
Wear Steel toe Boots when hooning.

😳 I can relate brother 😂 But for me 🍻 was involved and my perception of speed and distance was Wayyyyy Offff!! Outcome Black and blue toe. Don’t drink and drive. SMH

In all my years I've learned its always best to high tail it and let the rc fend for itself.. rc is cheaper to fix then your foot or ankle if you break that trying to stop them! Downtime is shorter too!

BTW. When the wife's watching is usually when the dumb crap happens😂
Mine bashs to so she gets it though.

Ouch! Glad the Felony faired better than the toenail.

Electric Forest Toe GIF by Casual Hand

@dmaynor

If you need a "phalange protector" just let me know.

I'll custom 3D design one for you.
Just PM me..

Last edited:
We’ve got a new “toe cutter” in the house! @joshludden would be so proud!! 😎

Famous Last Words...

Hopefully that's not what you think up to do Again next time..

Hey at least it's something that'll grow back! 👊

I guess You missed the video of the guy who broke his leg in two while trying to jump over his speeding Infraction that went sideways during a speed run...

Note to self-
Wear Steel toe Boots when hooning.
I have not seen that. Its easy to forget these 1/7 and 1/10 scale cars have a lot of mass and velocity.
Need to design and make some decals for that...
🤣
Like how jets get kills marked on the side?

Like how jets get kills marked on the side?

I like that..
That's a great idea!

Some decals for the toes and some for a whole leg...

hit myself a few times over the years almost broke my wrist taken my big toe nail off hit my knee one time had to lay on floor for 10 minutes thought I had broke my leg :D also knocked myself off me feet with a hpi 5th scale gas buggy

View attachment 311540

View attachment 311541

View attachment 311542
Funniest part of all this is the Wife's response and question. lmao

View attachment 311540

View attachment 311541

View attachment 311542

Sorry to hear that man. It sounds like you came out of this mostly ok. Your foot modeling career is likely over :LOL:
One of our speed runners lost a toe last season. It is dangerous for sure!

Certainly a good learning experience and why I am extra cautious when I speed run my cars. They can literally kill you at high speeds or leave you crippled.
Take extra precautions with kids/pets near them too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back