Limitless I want to build a DRS system for my Limitless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Futaba 4pls and r314.

Have a channel 3 or 4 open and have a spare servo.

Need to fabricate a fixed lower plate and then an upper plate on a hinge that channel 3 tells the servo to go from neutral (closed) to open (other end of servo travel as determined by me with trim for channel 3)

The servo will be mounted horizontal between the diffuser supports and have a pivot ball end link attached to a steering horn and the bottom of the upper plate to push it up and 'open' the rear wing.

The goal: change the balance of the car at will by reducing downforce on the rear end of the car.

The intended effect: reduce drag, ensure there is more downforce on the front end at high speed and reduce the chances of blow overs at high speed. On closing increase rear down force for braking and turning.

I'm thinking you could just have a servo control the angle of the rear spoiler. That way you can dial in exactly how much downforce you want, from zero to lots of downforce. I would think this would be a lot simpler to build, accomplish the same goal, and still have a cool bling factor. Now if you really wanted to go nuts, you have two modes... 1) fully manual: adjust the angle on your transmitter OR 2) put it in fully auto mode: have a speed sensor control the angle for you so you don't have to do it manually while your knuckles are already white. :) You would need a speed sensor to send the speed signal to a processor that adjusts the servo accordingly. I know some radios have the ability to get speed right on them as a telemetry item. Not sure if any of those radios can also adjust a channel based on that speed. Are there any functions on RC airplanes that need to do a similar thing? Maybe an auto landing gear actuator based on airspeed? No idea if that exists, just brainstorming for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back