Kraton I want to keep it stock for a while

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk_Rc

have a nice day arrma maniacs ✌
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi everyone, i recently purchased an arrma kraton 6s v4 and cant wait to they delivery it...is a stock kraton good to drive or should it be upgraded immediately? i read allot about upgrades but i want to have it stock for a while and not buy necessary parts to upgrade it. for start i will not do big jump and bash it hard just normal bash on every teren. what is need upgrades and what you reccomand?

Tnx ?

i already bught:

20191201_145046.jpg

Congrats on the purchase. If you plan on keeping it low to the ground, it should be fine running stock. I would keep an eye on the bearings if you run in snow or slush, and sealed bearings would be a first upgrade. The only other parts I would change sooner than later, are replacing the plastic chassis braces with stronger aluminum ones. That will let you jump a little higher with less concern. How high you want to go will determine how many more upgrades you will need. Have a blast and enjoy it for now.???

First you need m2c chassis then a max 6 combo 15xx kv should work then find a spur gear and weld it to the motor. Get 2 4s batteries in it and install the front air dam from a limitless and install those hoons tires. That should be good for starters.

Jk have fun with it fix it as it brakes. Sounds like it will be just fine.... except that terrible radio.

I agree with these guys. It will run fine if you aren’t landing badly from 10ft in the air. Just drive it and enjoy it and then you’ll love it.

Forums and SM is great but sometimes all the info gets overwhelming. Like @RCPropaganda said, research the parts that break when they break and upgrade then.

I would however at the very least check the pinion/ring mesh in the f/r diffs if you plan to run 6S and shim accordingly.

Give it a look over and check as many screws for tightness as you can. Tighten wheel nuts and let her rip. Fix whatever breaks or upgrade when that happens.

Thank you guys ?i am very thankful for all your suggestions. @Notorious J absolutely i will change bearings before first drive with sealed one... i will run on 6s battery...do i need shim difs first or is good to drive it out off the box? i bought this transmitter because i heard good thing about them. for that price is all what you can get to replace stx2...when i'll be ready i will buy better controler like spectrum dx5c but for now i thing this dumbo rc be just fine ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back