If you own both a 3s/4s Arrma AND a 6S Arrma, I have a question.

Which is more durable out of the box?

• 3S Arrma

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • 4S Arrma

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 6S Arrma

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted 3S. The lighter truck can take more abuse before something breaks. There are also less parts to break. My Kraton 6S broke arms, bent the chassis, bent dogbones, bent the steering rack and destroyed diffs. Granted I was a terrible driver when I got it ? My granite 3S BLX broke next to nothing other than driveshafts and I've since learned how to set the slipper.
When I had the granite I only broke one lower control arm over some rocks and messed up the body. That's about it. I've broken way many other things on my 6s Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. 3s Granite blx takes my vote.
I'd have to say my Granite blx. It's a earlier model with Tactic. Had no leaky shocks or slipper problems. Little tank for the $. Would like to get another one for someone else to run with me but won't buy new again with a throw away radio.

Both 4s trucks were bought day they dropped. Arms were weak, broke on both trucks, had 2 leaky shocks on K4S OTB, slipper issues with both. Like the Kraton better out of the two.

Both 6S trucks also bought day they dropped. Like the K6S better. On 4s they held up well OTB, but if you jump hard especially on 6s things begin to break. Of course good driving on 4 wheels help but if not you will bend and break parts. Good aftermarket support will help with those issues. Bought Voltage everything at the time. Love the K6S though.

My favorite is a toss up depending on where I run, torn between my trusty Granite blx and K6S, this is my opinion on the matter ?
Yup I had the original blx with the tactic radio. No leaky Shocks! It was my first Arrma. Sometimes I regret selling it ?.

Only broke an A Arm and bend a turnbuckle on my 4s. And leaky shocks - changed to 6s shocks. I definitely got more downtime on my 6S.

Interesting poll, my 4s hasn't been as durable as I expected (partly due to my driving) and thinking of moving into 6s but it seems 3s is the way forward!

Don't mean to change the subject but which one out of the whole 6s range is more durable out of the box, Mojave? :unsure:

Don't mean to change the subject but which one out of the whole 6s range is more durable out of the box, Mojave? :unsure:
Hands down the typhon 6s. Rpm doesn’t even bother to make arms for them. 2nd maybe the Senton 6s which is heavier but no longer in production, 3rd either the Mojave or talion. After that the weight goes up and durability goes down...

Hands down the typhon 6s. Rpm doesn’t even bother to make arms for them. 2nd maybe the Senton 6s which is heavier but no longer in production, 3rd either the Mojave or talion. After that the weight goes up and durability goes down...

That's a very good point thank you! i just kept thinking since I'm upgrading i may as well go big but 8S is a bit of a handful to both carry and work on. :unsure:

Spec wise the Typhon 6S is pretty much identical to other 6s?

OP I haven't voted as I only tried 4S and I can't vouch for it :LOL: cartwheel = broken chassis :banghead:

Last edited:
I voted 3S is tougher.

My Granite started life as a Mega, and I had some serious growing pains. Once the BLX parts were avaliable, I just dumped all my mods, and loaded my truck with BLX parts. Now it stands as a BLX, but with Typhon6s shocks, and the Arrma CVD's, and I run it only on 3s. I've stripped a few diffs, broke one shock tower, a few u-joints, and that is it. Toughness to me it gets a solid "B+". On 2s, I bet it would be and "A" but it would still need the shocks addressed.

For 6s, I have the Typhon (converted to Siren), Kraton, Outcast LP, and had a Talion. I ran them mostly 4s only for about 3 years. On 4s, these cars are TANKS. You have to try to break them, and even then, it is hard to get them to stop before LVC. I did blow a few diffs, and broke 2 suspension arms in that time, plus a few odd rod ends and other minor issues. BUT - for 6s running, seems something goes wrong almost every run. 80% of the time it is damage due to "Whisky Throttle", because they just have So. Much. Power. on 6s.

For 3s on 3s, vs 6s on 4s, I'd vote the 6s cars break less. But that is not really fair. 3S on 3S vs 6s on 6s, the 3s cars area clear winner for reliability.

3s vs 4s, Well, I don't own a 4s, but it is the same basic platform, but with more power and longer arms - both of which should add to breakages.

Last edited:
3S Senton and 6S Typhon V4 owner.

Between the two I haven't gotten enough time with my Typhon to make a statement if one is stronger. However in the fleet of RC cars I have access too, the Kraton 6S V3 we had at the end felt... old. Like a old person who was two broken down to do the things s/he was able to do in their prime. Always when taken out something would go wrong. The tires splitting, the wing mount cracking, the dog bone popping out, the chassis did flex, the front shock tower bending. However most of its life it was tough and held on. Most of the issue would have to be the balls popping out of the steering block and the dog bone popping here and there.

As for the Senton 3S...
  • The turnbuckle where the ball is house would split right down the middle and pop out. Either re-glue it or replace them.
  • The stock shocks oil leaked all the time after a session.
  • The stupid cut out to allow for steering would let rocks in and would jam up steering, which can be fixed with adding some duct tape in that area.
Other than that man is the 3S line beefy. Next purchase will be a Granite 3S just for the durability and me not having to worry about it.

EDIT: I think the Arrma 4S line is a mistake. The progression from Mega to 3S is a "huge" jump, and going from 3S to 6S line is big also.
However that stop gap that is the 4S line makes no sense to me. Its the 3S line with more power and I find from reviews (I don't have 1st hand experience) that its just two much power.

Last edited:
OH yeah, my Typhon 6s is my most durable Arrma that I have. I run it mostly on 4s with dual fans/heatsink on the motor and 20t pinoin. It's a freaking BEAST. I truggified it, so when I run on grass and want to bash, I put 2.8 MT tires on it, then I put the buggie tires on it and put 6s for the pavement ?.

Voted 3s - my 3s Senton has had a full year of abuse (concrete skatepark) and I've only broken the front bumper mount. 4s Outcast I snapped an arm first jump (crash), Kraton 4s I snapped a shock mount 2nd jump - Kraton 6s I'm not even sure what I've broken but it sounds shocking (centre diff?) despite m2C chassis braces / rear skidplate etc

Back