Anyone have a traxxas fiesta vxl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Never owned a traxxas but this one I am very curious in. I have always loved rally cars and watching Ken Block do his thing with his fiestas and what not. Just curious if any of you fellas have one. I have always seen not great things about the VXL stuff but I also know people that love it, I suppose same goes for spektrum......I would of course be itching to drop a different system in for 4 or maybe 6s

If you're planning to drop in a different system, why not go with the BL-2S version? Save some coin. I think the rest of the cars are the same.

If you're planning to drop in a different system, why not go with the BL-2S version? Save some coin. I think the rest of the cars are the same.
Actually I don't think so, I know for one the vxl has adjustable links. I don't remember the other differences off the top of my head. But you might be right, that might be the way to go

Last edited:
Never owned a traxxas but this one I am very curious in. I have always loved rally cars and watching Ken Block do his thing with his fiestas and what not. Just curious if any of you fellas have one. I have always seen not great things about the VXL stuff but I also know people that love it, I suppose same goes for spektrum......I would of course be itching to drop a different system in for 4 or maybe 6s
Underneath it all it is a Slash 4x4 with some minor changes.
They run pretty good on 2s or 3s but they are not durable like an Arrma.

I'd say get a Typhon 6s and convert it to a Senton 6s and do the same body on it. That setup would be far more durable.

Underneath it all it is a Slash 4x4 with some minor changes.
They run pretty good on 2s or 3s but they are not durable like an Arrma.

I'd say get a Typhon 6s and convert it to a Senton 6s and do the same body on it. That setup would be far more durable.
Not durable in what area? Part of it for me is to just have something different. I have a couple losi, arrmas, and wouldn't mind adding a traxxas. Something different to look at and tinker with. Plus the weight difference is pretty large

Not durable in what area? Part of it for me is to just have something different. I have a couple losi, arrmas, and wouldn't mind adding a traxxas. Something different to look at and tinker with. Plus the weight difference is pretty large

I had a Slash 4x4 with a MM2 esc and 2200 kv motor. It just seemed to always break on me when it would have what seemed like a minor bump or crash. They are fun and light weight.

My experience with Traxxas is that they run best when kept close to original and light weight. The more aluminum parts I added and heavier electronics the less durable it became. I just got really frustrated with investing $400 in upgrades and it was never reliable. My Sons 2wd slash on the other hand we kept very original and run it on 2s and it is pretty durable overall.

Everyone enjoys the hobby differently and expects different things out of their cars. For me its hard to beat the reliability of the 6s Arrma line. Especially if you want 4s-6s power. I don't feel based on my experience that the Slash 4x4 platform does well long term with anything over 3s power.

I had a Slash 4x4 with a MM2 esc and 2200 kv motor. It just seemed to always break on me when it would have what seemed like a minor bump or crash. They are fun and light weight.

My experience with Traxxas is that they run best when kept close to original and light weight. The more aluminum parts I added and heavier electronics the less durable it became. I just got really frustrated with investing $400 in upgrades and it was never reliable. My Sons 2wd slash on the other hand we kept very original and run it on 2s and it is pretty durable overall.

Everyone enjoys the hobby differently and expects different things out of their cars. For me its hard to beat the reliability of the 6s Arrma line. Especially if you want 4s-6s power. I don't feel based on my experience that the Slash 4x4 platform does well long term with anything over 3s power.
Yeah I hear you that makes sense. I agree arrma stuff, especially the smaller stuff is pretty amazing durability. I'm surprised even with a mm2 and 2200kv you had issues. I wouldn't think that would add too much. I guess these fiestas do have their beefier parts on them though? Idk how much of a difference that makes though. Hmmmm

Yeah I hear you that makes sense. I agree arrma stuff, especially the smaller stuff is pretty amazing durability. I'm surprised even with a mm2 and 2200kv you had issues. I wouldn't think that would add too much. I guess these fiestas do have their beefier parts on them though? Idk how much of a difference that makes though. Hmmmm

I think the key is picking the right parts. There is so much aftermarket for that platform, and some of it was poorly engineered.
The diffs are good on that rig. It is just a matter of getting it setup the right way.

Tekno makes a nice kit for the Slash 4x4 that makes it have axles similar to the Arrma 6s line.

That car just seemed to be a snowball. Each change to try to run 4s or 6s required 2-3 other changes for the car to handle the weight and power.
GTR shocks are a good mod along with the Tekno axles. The rest should be ok.

Last edited:
I think the key is picking the right parts. There is so much aftermarket for that platform, and some of it was poorly engineered.
The diffs are good on that rig. It is just a matter of getting it setup the right way.

Tekno makes a nice kit for the Slash 4x4 that makes it have axles similar to the Arrma 6s line.
Ooooo those shafts are nice for sure, they better be for $120 for the full kit. I saw someone doing 130 mph with a fiesta on grps lol but that wouldn't be the plan at all for this car. I think out of the box 3s is doing 45 or so which is pretty good but I think I would want to see 60 or so

For like 4 year's ago I had one with ended up with max6 and the Traxxas 2200kv 6s , always on 6s
Actually my first rc

But if I going to build a new one, then I take the Typhon 6s, the rally body and some hoons or Toyo tires

Traxxas slipper clutch is really bad , I enden with a center diff and a home made spool sometimes, but it's a great beginning car if you like to work on them every run, always something to replace

Typhon of box is just much better for go crazy rally bashing style

DSC_1588.JPG

DSC_1820.JPG

DSC_1812.JPG

Last edited:
You do know HPI did make a Ken Block one right?
Key word, did. But yeah I have seen that one. Or is it still available?

For like 4 year's ago I had one with ended up with max6 and the Traxxas 2200kv 6s , always on 6s
Actually my first rc

But if I going to build a new one, then I take the Typhon 6s, the rally body and some hoons or Toyo tires

Traxxas slipper clutch is really bad , I enden with a center diff and a home made spool sometimes, but it's a great beginning car if you like to work on them every run, always something to replace

Typhon of box is just much better for go crazy rally bashing style

View attachment 350948
View attachment 350949
View attachment 350951
That thing looks sick! But yeah Typhon is a beast no doubt. I have arrma stuff similar but like I said it would be something a little different and the weight is an appeal

I think they're pretty cool little niche vehicles. Check out this video from 10th Scale Garage. I like that channel b/c they're just two guys having fun with RC, they aren't paid to spew B.S.

Ooooo those shafts are nice for sure, they better be for $120 for the full kit. I saw someone doing 130 mph with a fiesta on grps lol but that wouldn't be the plan at all for this car. I think out of the box 3s is doing 45 or so which is pretty good but I think I would want to see 60 or so
One of the big things about that kit is that it changes the hub carriers to larger M6 parts. They have a great 17mm hex kit for it also.

1708973485042.png

Key word, did. But yeah I have seen that one. Or is it still available?

That thing looks sick! But yeah Typhon is a beast no doubt. I have arrma stuff similar but like I said it would be something a little different and the weight is an appeal
I've seen the WR8 on facebook marketplace a few times, I'd look out for one.

Man forget a fiesta, you need one of these! :cool: :ROFLMAO:
lololol yes I agree that would be pretty awesome I am sure!! However the roughly $2,000 price difference says my fiesta that I purchased today is going to be a blast :ROFLMAO:

lololol yes I agree that would be pretty awesome I am sure!! However the roughly $2,000 price difference says my fiesta that I purchased today is going to be a blast :ROFLMAO:
Hey the price difference isn't that bad!! grats on the new rc :cool: ;)

Back