Infraction infarction 3s limp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taugys

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I got my infraction 3s, I have brand new batteries and they’re fully charged, I know they’re not bad because I tested them, after one run down my block for maybe 30 seconds car goes and then it goes straight to limp mode, does anyone know what this could be? I know it’s not thermal shut off because it’s not hot at all and it’s 35 degrees where I live. I had the high speed gear in there but I switched it back to stock and it’s having the same issue. I tried it on all 3 of my batteries, 2 are zeee 7200mah 3s and 1 is zeee 5200mah 3s and it had the same issue with all batteries. Is this a problem with my ESC?

Zeee batteries are pretty hit and miss…and more likely to be a miss in my experience.
I tried a few and they had significant voltage drop under load, enough to hit LVC and show the exact symptoms you are having.

If you go into limp mode and turn the car off for a minute or two, do you get full power again for a few seconds?

Zeee batteries are pretty hit and miss…and more likely to be a miss in my experience.
I tried a few and they had significant voltage drop under load, enough to hit LVC and show the exact symptoms you are having.

If you go into limp mode and turn the car off for a minute or two, do you get full power again for a few seconds?
Thanks for the quick reply! And yes, I shut it off and turn it on then I get another pass or 2 and it’s back to limp mode but when I plug the batteries in to charge it’ll be at like 3.9-4.0v which is weird

You are running this on 3s only right, because if you use 4s you'll get over load and ESC shuts off .ik because it's happened to me🤫.I'm only asking because at one point everyone wants to see more POWA even if it's just a short time.
Problem isn't your battery's if they are 100 percent charged.even the cheapest lipos will give you more than a few passes at full throttle.check all your bullet connectors.wiring etc.visually inspect everything.diagnosis takes time especially electrical.good brotha

You are running this on 3s only right, because if you use 4s you'll get over load and ESC shuts off .ik because it's happened to me🤫.I'm only asking because at one point everyone wants to see more POWA even if it's just a short time.
Problem isn't your battery's if they are 100 percent charged.even the cheapest lipos will give you more than a few passes at full throttle.check all your bullet connectors.wiring etc.visually inspect everything.diagnosis takes time especially electrical.good brotha
Thanks for the quick response! I made sure I’m running 3s batteries and I think I will check the bullet connectors hopefully that ends up being the issue

Thanks for the quick reply! And yes, I shut it off and turn it on then I get another pass or 2 and it’s back to limp mode but when I plug the batteries in to charge it’ll be at like 3.9-4.0v which is weird

That batteries will go up in voltage again after the load has been removed, so that's to be expected.
Does your charger show the internal resistance of the batteries?
Problem isn't your battery's if they are 100 percent charged.even the cheapest lipos will give you more than a few passes at full throttle.
That's simply not an accurate statement.

@taugys Just get one of those lipo alarms that connect to the balance connector and starts beeping when the voltage drops too low, something like this:
Amazon lipo alarm

Last edited:
That batteries will go up in voltage again after the load has been removed, so that's to be expected.

Sorry idk which one that would be but this is all my charger shows me

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@taugys Just get one of those lipo alarms that connect to the balance connector and starts beeping when the voltage drops too low, something like this:
Amazon lipo alarm
When I first started out doing speed passes I allways used cheap lipos charged at 4.2 fully charged was able to allways pull at least 3 passes around 800 ft with no issues.🤷 Never went into limp mode..resting 5 in-between passes..still to this day I use goldbatts occasionally and get same results am still plenty of juice to street bash around .not everyone's experiences are the same I suppose.no worries .have fun 😁👍

I'd start with process of elimination, beginning with the batteries, which all of the ones you have are Zeee brand. Try a different brand of battery and see if the problem still persists. If it does, time to look at the ESC & Motor. I'd personally look into the ESC first if the problem still persists after changing batteries.

You know, if you have a "limp infarction", it sounds like something you should probably go see a doctor about :p

Is the car still steerable when it goes into limp mode? You can distinguish LVC because throttle will cut (most ESCs still allow you to use brakes), but crucially you can still steer. Thermal and over power cuts are complete shut offs (like the truck stops responding completely). Use that to help determine what kind of power cut you have.

Knowing what kind of "switch" the ESC is hitting will help diagnose better solutions.

You can also test if it's a lipo premature LVC issue cut off by driving slower (more easy) and doing simple coasting passes and more gentle acceleration for several minutes. If it was a LVC issue, driving more gently should help prevent LVC from kicking in for a little bit longer.

It also could be binding in the drivetrain or similar. This could be causing large power draws to over come the extra friction, which then triggers over power cuts, or even LVC on weaker batteries.

What charger do you have?

When I first started out doing speed passes I allways used cheap lipos charged at 4.2 fully charged was able to allways pull at least 3 passes around 800 ft with no issues.🤷 Never went into limp mode..resting 5 in-between passes..still to this day I use goldbatts occasionally and get same results am still plenty of juice to street bash around .not everyone's experiences are the same I suppose.no worries .have fun 😁👍
Sorry, I wasn’t trying to imply that what I said was always the case. 😊
But even if the batts are fully charged they could still have massive voltage drop under load, to the point that LVC is triggered.

I have some older Zeee lipos that still charge each cell to 4.20V just fine, but even in my (brushless) TRX4 I can make them drop below 3.2V if I go WOT up a hill.

You can absolutely get some really good Goldbats or Zeees, if you are lucky 👍

Last edited:
You know, if you have a "limp infarction", it sounds like something you should probably go see a doctor about :p

Is the car still steerable when it goes into limp mode? You can distinguish LVC because throttle will cut (most ESCs still allow you to use brakes), but crucially you can still steer. Thermal and over power cuts are complete shut offs (like the truck stops responding completely). Use that to help determine what kind of power cut you have.

Knowing what kind of "switch" the ESC is hitting will help diagnose better solutions.

You can also test if it's a lipo premature LVC issue cut off by driving slower (more easy) and doing simple coasting passes and more gentle acceleration for several minutes. If it was a LVC issue, driving more gently should help prevent LVC from kicking in for a little bit longer.

It also could be binding in the drivetrain or similar. This could be causing large power draws to over come the extra friction, which then triggers over power cuts, or even LVC on weaker batteries.

What charger do you have?
Hello, so it goes in limp mode, I can still steer and go like 20mph but no more, my battery charger is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R18YNZQ/

Also run into this issue. Made a post about it. Changed several settings with the program card but comes down to the lvc.

Shutting down the car between passes helps extent the fun. But its really annoying that the car goes into limb mode. Or snail mode haha.

What i found out is a ESC upgrade but haven't done that myself. Spektrum ESC are expensive!

Also run into this issue. Made a post about it. Changed several settings with the program card but comes down to the lvc.

Shutting down the car between passes helps extent the fun. But its really annoying that the car goes into limb mode. Or snail mode haha.

What i found out is a ESC upgrade but haven't done that myself. Spektrum ESC are expensive!
Well, it might be annoying but it’s still better than killing your lipos.

Assuming all else is in good working condition, you can either get higher quality lipos (and/or higher capacity) or lower your gearing to decrease amp load.

It’s a safety feature.

Well, it might be annoying but it’s still better than killing your lipos.

Assuming all else is in good working condition, you can either get higher quality lipos (and/or higher capacity) or lower your gearing to decrease amp load.

It’s a safety feature.
Who doesn't like a good old lipo fire ;) just kidding.

Had some generic softcase 3s lipos when i bought the car but upgrade them to gence and spektrum lipos hardcases way better. Also like the smart tech that displays the battery percentage on controller.

I do understand the safetly feature but while browsing the forums a lot of people say the LVC is to high. The standard 100 esc should be replaced with a 120/140 esc.

Who doesn't like a good old lipo fire ;) just kidding.

I do understand the safetly feature but while browsing the forums a lot of people say the LVC is to high. The standard 100 esc should be replaced with a 120/140 esc.
Smells nice too 🤣

Never used the stock electronics, is the LVC not adjustable in any way?

An appropriate Hobbywing is a much better replacement than a Spektrum ESC. You have a better choice of programming cards with a Hobbywing vice a Spektrum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back