Infraction Rear-end Loose Around Corners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BantuMan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Tried on-road racing with my Arrma Infraction, but every time I try to corner, the Rear-end steps out. How can I fix this? Is it a suspension thing? What's the fix?

Start off with diff fluid tuning, and then go from there. Suspension tuning can get tedious because fluid, travel, spring weight, etc all affect how it handles. Diff fluid is pretty straight forward, easy to do, and you'll notice the differences immediately. I suggest purchasing a variety of weights, and then use this chart for general reference. The Infraction has a factory setup of 10k/100k/10kcSt (front, center, rear).

diff-oil-explained.jpg

Tried on-road racing with my Arrma Infraction, but every time I try to corner, the Rear-end steps out. How can I fix this? Is it a suspension thing? What's the fix?
If it’s going sideways, it probably means both rear tires are losing grip. This could be from suspension setup, meaning the camber isn’t adjusted to keep max tire tread contact in turns. By adding some additional negative camber you can get more contact patch in the turn on the outside rear tire.

1643513517756.jpeg

Next, you will want the outside rear tire to be able to spin slightly faster than the inside rear tire. This means MORE diff action. To achieve this, you want thinner rear diff fluid. This will help push the rear of the car thru a turn.

And lastly better tires will help too. Hoons are made to last one bash sesh and be bald and useless. GRPs are better for longevity and have slightly more grip. For me, foam tires give the best grip. You might find yourself needing to turn your steering rate down drastically to counter the added lateral grip from foams. All of this depends on your track surface, but in general these are some good things to try.

I would recommend one change at a time to see what/if any effect it has on your particular rig. 🤘🏻

Also adjust the level of AVC on your remote. Turning it up will certainly help keep to drift through a turn rather than spin out. If you're no longer running the stock receiver and transmitter, getting a receiver that has a gyro built in certainly helps in an Infraction.

Start off with diff fluid tuning, and then go from there. Suspension tuning can get tedious because fluid, travel, spring weight, etc all affect how it handles. Diff fluid is pretty straight forward, easy to do, and you'll notice the differences immediately. I suggest purchasing a variety of weights, and then use this chart for general reference. The Infraction has a factory setup of 10k/100k/10kcSt (front, center, rear).

View attachment 196453
Thank you. Will experiment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back