Infraction Infraction with Max6 and HobbyStar 4092 1480Kv on 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
So I got bored yesterday and so I decided to install my Max 6 and Hobbystar 4092 combo into my Infraction after I wasn't getting the performance I wanted with the stock combo. This car is a weapon out of the box and all I'd done to this point was change out the steering servo and tires. I run GRP S7 slicks, I drive this car as a drift basher not really for speed runs, but I wanted to try something with a bit more go. I installed the combo and it sure felt nice to drive more control on the throttle and it was quick, but the 20t pinion I installed though the temps were good it wasn't fast enough. I put a 23t in and it was better still low temps(I have added some air flow holes to the body to promote some extra cooling), but not fast enough really. So I went up to 8s now this was pretty much spot on, I really wanted to try the 27t, but the set screw got jammed and I ended up stripping it. I guess the 27t 8s run will have to wait. I am so impressed with the Infraction and it is a joy to drive, it makes me feel like I am a better driver than I really am due to it being so stable. Hopefully I'll get a video of it running soon.

Try removing the center Diff and putting the Limitless Spool (locked center,34T) in there. The 27T is stock (smallest) pinion that comes with the Limitless. Some ideas for more speed with the 8S. :cool:

Try removing the center Diff and putting the Limitless Spool (locked center,34T) in there. The 27T is stock (smallest) pinion that comes with the Limitless. Some ideas for more speed with the 8S. :cool:
What is the spool like as far as bashing, can you still drive it like the stock setup?

It is a really fun car, thanks for the info.

I'll have to order the spool setup, I got a couple of runs in today, maxed out at 133km/h 82.6mph not bad, but a little disappointing for 8s and a 27t pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back