Mojave Interesting design on the new chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Check this out, molded into the chassis, directly behind the receiver box, is another ESC mount, complete with a switch mount. This makes me think this will be a multi-platform chassis. Maybe a new 4s limitless? Maybe a 4s Felony? Who knows? All I know is I like it better with the ESC down low in the chassis. I’m keeping it here.
IMG_0982.jpeg

Yes, this is something they always did even on the old chassis's.. I always mounted them low in the lwb setups.. esc is way more protected.. I'm most impressed with the molded double outer walls.. that is going to be a huge improvement in durability.. 👍

Yes, this is something they always did even on the old chassis's.. I always mounted them low in the lwb setups.. esc is way more protected.. I'm most impressed with the molded double outer walls.. that is going to be a huge improvement in durability.. 👍

I agree.

I'm thinking of designing a retrofit Double Wall Add-on to make all the old chassis like the new 4S Mojaves.

It kinda makes you wonder why they’d even bother mounting it on the receiver box?

Arrmas pride and joy is "modules" if the esc was tub mounted it no longer is part of that module design.. if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on this..

It kinda makes you wonder why they’d even bother mounting it on the receiver box?
because then they can make a single "part" (servo/esc/receiver) and they can use them on all the cars in the factory?

I also sometime prefer mounting the esc on the receiver box, because then it doesn't interfere when you want to pop the motor/slipper housing out, but it doesn't seem to be an issue on the extra long mojave chassis

Last edited:
It just keeps the whole thing consistent across the whole line, so customer support, or manuals/diagrams don't have to refer to individual models separately. Like if they make a "servo replacement video", they wouldn't need to worry about the exact model. Having an extra mount on the chassis is a nice bonus, and is a tuning option.

Also, if you wanted to hose down your car or whatever, you can pull the two modules and have everything electronic out of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back